Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol. - Page 15
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by GGB View Post
    I've been reading the threads on this app for a year and never thought of chiming in until Dirty Harry started his rants. I have found a lot of useful info here as well as entertainment! Thanks to all the good members
    Hmm..

3. The Smith & Wesson Shield line is a fine choice. I had to ring them both out for approval with our department and for a magazine article I wrote. Both functioned flawlessly with every brand of factory ammo I shoved in them as well as with my match reloads. Note: Even reloaded 9 and 40 cases with the "Glock Bulge" chambered and functioned flawlessly. You would be well served with the Shield line.

The Springfield XDs in 40 is also a good choice. I evaluated the XDs in 9, 40, and 45 for the department and as part of that evaluation I used an XDs in 40 in an IDPA BUG match. It was a flawless performer as well. I am not generally a Springfield polymer fan, meaning I am not a fan of the full size XD and XDm line, but that is a matter of hand-to-grip fit and I prefer the Glock which I have carried for nearly 30 years as my duty gun, off duty gun, training gun, and match gun. BUT...I would use any of them to fight with and not feel as though I was at a disadvantage in the least.

Another choice, which is actually my preferred compact single stack is the Kahr CM40. It has no external safety, but it has a truly decent DAO trigger that makes it amply suitable for pocket holster and standard holster carry. It beat both the Smith and the Springers in accuracy...but not to sound dickish...but the average shooter will never realize the accuracy potential of any of the pistols mentioned, so I wouldn't let that be a factor in your decision making. I shoot well 1200 - 1600 rounds a week in matches and in training which is more in a week than most so-called shooters will shoot in 2 years. I prefer the Kahr. I have used mine for years and it has well over 3500 rounds through it with one failure, which was with a euro-trash brand frangible ammo I was testing. Forget the myth of having to change the springs every 2000 rounds. I am on my original set and they have zero reduction in power.

Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.-10996014_853701654695200_8828869498953205100_n.jpg

Yes...that is what I carry when I travel and a rifle is not practical. My hotel room companions.
    You can't always be safe, but you can always be dangerous.

4. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Hmm..
    Hmmm. What?

5. My guess is that we see a new member name of either Charles Bronson, John Mcclane, or Rocky Balboa, lol. Just a hunch.

The Place To Be

6. Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    My guess is that we see a new member name of either Charles Bronson, John Mcclane, or Rocky Balboa, lol. Just a hunch.

The Place To Be
    Can I change mine to Rambo Balboa?
    You can't always be safe, but you can always be dangerous.

Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

Originally Posted by GGB

I've been reading the threads on this app for a year and never thought of chiming in until Dirty Harry started his rants. I have found a lot of useful info here as well as entertainment! Thanks to all the good members.
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Hmm..
    Hmmm. What?
    There's plenty of other "members" with plenty of these "rants" that have make more trouble here than they're worth.

8. True... but they also give useful information. DH was only looking to provoke and had a teenager mentality. He replied to threads that were 10 years old. I'm not here to argue I'm here to learn and share.

9. I carry an xds 40 and would have suggested it. I would have brought it up ear but the op said he wanted a manual safety early in the thread.

Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

True... but they also give useful information.
    Good info or not but refraining from piss-poor presentation of said info means much more to some people.

DH was only looking to provoke and had a teenager mentality.
    I didn't see that any more than from plenty of other people who frequent this forum but you seem to be fixated only in the ones who you thought didn't give good enough information.

He replied to threads that were 10 years old.
    So. Happens all the time. What's your point?

I'm not here to argue I'm here to learn and share.
    What do you think you're doing now?

Get used to it. If you spend enough time around here you'll see that arguing is a very common occurrence.

11. What are you so angry about? Need a hug or something? I'm sure your buddy dirty hairy will help out.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast