Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol. - Page 16
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 168

Thread: Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

  1. #151

    Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

    Quote Originally Posted by GGB View Post
    What are you so angry about? Need a hug or something? I'm sure your buddy dirty hairy will help out.
    I'm not angry about anything, fella....Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol. What gave you idea? I'm just suggesting that since you're new here to be careful who's backside you go sticking your snout up.

    And 'Dirty Harry' is not my, "proverbial" buddy. Stop making things up as you go. Just because I found it a little strange he got banned for whatever reason doesn't mean he's my buddy.

    But how about we get back on topic, what's left of it anyways.

  2.   
  3. Whose backside are you suggesting I stuck my snout up?

  4. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by GGB View Post
    Whose backside are you suggesting I stuck my snout up?
    I wasn't saying anyone in particular. Your comments just seemed to be a little one-sided to the wrong person but whatever, do what you want.

  5. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Just to close this topic and to actually provide some meaningful content, the reason for not holding the handgun vertical in that position is that clothing can interfere with the action and jam up a pistol. That's why a right-handed shooter would cant the handgun outwards, away from the body, such that the slide and ejection port is away from the clothing. A left-handed shooter needs to turn the gun 90 degrees. Otherwise, brass gets ejected into the clothing and deflected back into the gun, jamming it up. The vertical and close-to-the-hip hold was developed and used for revolvers, where the risk of clothing getting between the hammer and the transfer bar is minimal.
    DirtyHarry made it 4 days in this forum, posting a lot of straightforward nonsense and personal attacks. There was a reason why I was holding out on the explanation above. It is a demonstration of how wrong-headed a person can be when that person has zero training, yet claims to be an expert and belittles others.

    My explanation above ain't rocket surgery. It is taught in beginner courses at reputable firearms training schools. Anyone reading this post should realize that I was stating the obvious and not some super secret gun move with the explanation above.

    I always encourage people to get training from reputable firearms training schools. I have not been to a single class where I didn't learn something new. If you have never been at such a class, you really have no idea what your deficiencies are and what you are missing out on.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    DirtyHarry made it 4 days in this forum, posting a lot of straightforward nonsense and personal attacks. There was a reason why I was holding out on the explanation above. It is a demonstration of how wrong-headed a person can be when that person has zero training, yet claims to be an expert and belittles others.

    My explanation above ain't rocket surgery. It is taught in beginner courses at reputable firearms training schools. Anyone reading this post should realize that I was stating the obvious and not some super secret gun move with the explanation above.

    I always encourage people to get training from reputable firearms training schools. I have not been to a single class where I didn't learn something new. If you have never been at such a class, you really have no idea what your deficiencies are and what you are missing out on.
    I want to do a Sig Academy course this coming fall and they have so many that I'm trying to decide on which one best fits for my time available. One of my buddies that owns a liquor store went to one and greatly enjoyed it and learned a lot.

    I saw the Dirty Harry thread and stopped trying to follow his careening post vomiting. MMA, street fighters, boxers...who knows? A young person I would guess. He would be the teacher in this link😏.



    The Place To Be



  7. My personal favorite. I integrated this revolutionary technique into the academy curriculum.
    You can't always be safe, but you can always be dangerous.

  8. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisco85132 View Post


    My personal favorite. I integrated this revolutionary technique into the academy curriculum.
    TACTICAL SHOOTING FROM AN EXPERT KARATE GOD ROCK MINISTRY
    SULSA DO CORP PUSHES THE ENVELOPE FOR DERP
    The Importance Of Training (This Is NOT It)

  9. I especially like the "shooting over the shoulder while looking away" technique. Of course all the falls, rolls, and flagging "corps" members is great **** too.

    Revolutionary man....re-vo-lu-tionary.
    You can't always be safe, but you can always be dangerous.

  10. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    I want to do a Sig Academy course this coming fall and they have so many that I'm trying to decide on which one best fits for my time available. One of my buddies that owns a liquor store went to one and greatly enjoyed it and learned a lot.

    I saw the Dirty Harry thread and stopped trying to follow his careening post vomiting. MMA, street fighters, boxers...who knows? A young person I would guess. He would be the teacher in this link��.



    The Place To Be
    As for Sig Academy, this just happened: Sig Sauer Academy Range Shut Down After Stray Bullet Hits Vehicle. The incident happened in April and they are working on fixing the range.

    As for selecting a class, I always favor multi-day classes. Realize that if you haven't been to the training school before, there are often prerequisite classes required or strongly recommended to take advanced classes. Every time I am going to a new school, I am taking the basic prerequisite class and then some advanced class, even if it is not required. I really like 3-4 day classes that start out with freshening up knowledge, ingraining the terminology of the particular school, and getting used to the training style without getting immediately put under stress.

  11. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisco85132 View Post
    I especially like the "shooting over the shoulder while looking away" technique. Of course all the falls, rolls, and flagging "corps" members is great **** too.

    Revolutionary man....re-vo-lu-tionary.
    I am pretty sure you are aware of VODA Consulting and Lucien Black as well then? The theory:


Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast