Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol. - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar888 View Post
    Still vote for the Walther PPS M2 40cal. You won't be sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's not a bad lookin' pistol that looks like its reasonably priced but, I'd rather stick with one with an external saftey.

My bad, just realized I didn't specify in my opening post that I'm looking for options with an external saftey if there are any.

4. To each there own. For me I see no practical need for one unless it's a single action 1911. 99% of the time it should be holstered which covers the trigger guard making it unable to fire. When in the hand the digger would be outside the trigger guard until you decided to fire. There are plenty of internal safeties to make it drop safe including the trigger safer dingus. It also has a pre set striker with a trigger pull just over 6lbs I believe which is enough force that a purposeful action is needed to pull it. It also has a cocking indicator at the rear of the slide that allows you to place your thumb over it as you holster the gun so you would immediately feel it protrude if something got caught in the trigger guard and applying pressure to the trigger. In my opinion the safety just leaves one more thing to forget to disengage or engage. Limiting your choices to only guns with a manual safety greatly limits your choices and knocks most of the best options off the table. But as I said. To each his own.

Oh I know, there's a lot of great guns out there that just rely on a trigger safety but like you said, to each their own. I'm not saying I couldn't train myself to feeing safe with something like a Glock, I just would rather carry one with a saftey. And you're right, having a saftey to disengage is another step after unholstering your gun in a situation but just as developing muscle memory on a gun without a saftey, the same goes for one with a saftey. Every gun I've ever shot has had a saftey.

I just don't wanna take that chance with a negligent discharge if anything ever got caught in the way of the trigger while holstering or by accidentally pulling the trigger when taking it out in a scuffle. It may never happen with me but then again it could. Glock leg is a real thing that does exist.

With that all being said, I really liked the saftey on an LC9S and a Smith and Wesson I tried a while back. I liked how they were situated a lot better than my Beretta. Flicking the saftey off on those other two seemed more like second nature than mine.

In may just end up goin with the Ruger despite it being a 9. That kind of pistol is what I'm looking for but in a 40. I know they make the SC40 but so far I've only seen it in a double stack. Double stack would be fine but I'm exploring single stacks for better comfort because they're narrower. If Ruger would make a LC40s, I'd probly be all over it like a rat on a cheeto..lol.

6. If you want a single stack with a safety and will consider a 9mm you might want to check out the Walther CCP. it's a gas delayed blowback design so really easy in recoil and to rack the slide. Great ergonomics. Pretty sexy too. http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.ne...68687018_n.png

That is a good looking gun. I wonder if that gas delayed blowback makes it really dependent on bullet weight.

That was just strictly outta curiosity on lighter grain bullets but in a 9 I wouldn't have a problem carrying whatever grain ammo that's the most used.

8. Haven't seen any bullet weight issues on the CCP forum. I wouldn't go with less than 124g but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar888 View Post
    Haven't seen any bullet weight issues on the CCP forum. I wouldn't go with less than 124g but that's just me.

I was just sayin since some pistols like to jam up if too light of a bullet is used.

But that's probably what I would do especially in a single stack 9. Runnin' the max weight in bullets wouldn't make it any lighter in my opinion over lighter grain bullets.

Without re-searching Google, what all does that Walther come with?

10. Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

Comes in a foam hard case with the gun, 2 7rd mags (7+1 capacity), a red gun cable lock and a cleaning brush. Also an owners manual.

11. Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

FYI.

With an overall length of just 6.41 inches, the Walther CCP is a sleek solution to concealed carry protection. The new modelís barrel length is 3.54 inches and its width is only 1.18 inches making it easily carried in a purse or inside-the-pant holster.

The CCP comes in stylish stainless or CerakoteLooking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol. black and provides all the features that have become a signature of Waltherís line of pistols. It has a smooth 5.5 pound trigger pull, interchangeable front sight with white dot, adjustable rear sight, and reversible magazine release for left- or right-handed operation.

This new single-stack semi-automatic has a magazine capacity of 8 rounds. For maximum safety, the CCP comes equipped with a slim manual thumb safety and one internal safety that acts as a firing pin block. As with all Walther firearms, the CCP has an ergonomic grip with a unique non-slip surface.

Other key attributes of the firearm include an easy access slide stop, loaded chamber indicator for added safety, and serrations (front, rear and trigger guard) for additional safety and control of its easily manipulated slide.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast