Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol. - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

8 round mags, huh? I think the Ruger only comes with a 7 round if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely worth thinking about, thanks.

4. Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

Sorry I mistyped originally. 2 7rd mags (7+1). Was thinking of the PPS which has 6,7, and 8rd mags. Glad to help. So far I'm 3 for 3 on selling people on a new Walther. So far a P99c, PPQ45, and PPQ M1.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I just don't wanna take that chance with a negligent discharge if anything ever got caught in the way of the trigger while holstering or by accidentally pulling the trigger when taking it out in a scuffle. It may never happen with me but then again it could. Glock leg is a real thing that does exist.
    FYI: There is also something called a 1911 leg. Tex Grebner can tell you stories about his. Proper firearm safety and training is imperative to make sure that you do not have a negligent discharge. An external/manual safety is not listed in the 4 rules of firearm safety, keeping your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire is.

The point I am making here is that you always handle and draw a firearm with an indexed finger, no exceptions. A external/manual safety is a good idea for firearms that are not carried in a holster, such as a rifle, and for firearms with an extremely light trigger, such as a 1911, just to make sure that if your finger accidentally slips into the trigger guard, such as when you run and fall, you don't negligently discharge the firearm.

Bofh,

I couldn't agree with you more. It's all about training, discipline and familiarizing yourself with whatever you carry. I just feel better with a slide-mounted saftey. Practicing taking the safety off when I'm ready to fire just feels better than only relying on a regular squeeze of the trigger.

How different are the safeties between striker-fired pistols and hammer-fired pistols? I've heard of safeties failing but what causes them to fail between both types of guns? Is there any reason to not trust the saftey on my hammer-fired Beretta storm? It's actually a de-cocker. Don't know if that makes any difference between any other hammer-fired saftey.

Bofh,

I couldn't agree with you more. It's all about training, discipline and familiarizing yourself with whatever you carry. I just feel better with a slide-mounted saftey. Practicing taking the safety off when I'm ready to fire just feels better than only relying on a regular squeeze of the trigger.

How different are the safeties between striker-fired pistols and hammer-fired pistols? I've heard of safeties failing but what causes them to fail between both types of guns? Is there any reason to not trust the saftey on my hammer-fired Beretta storm? It's actually a de-cocker. Don't know if that makes any difference between any other hammer-fired saftey.
    The safety goes off once you point the firearm at your intended target. It gets on once you take the firearm off your intended target.

If you have heard of safeties failing, please post these anecdotes. I haven't. I have only seen human error and self-firing lemons you should't be carrying in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    If you have heard of safeties failing, please post these anecdotes. I haven't.
    I've never actually seen or heard of a typical, traditional saftey failing or a gun firing with the saftey on. Come to think of it, I've never heard of any type of saftey failing. I'm only going off what I've read online about it from people saying that a saftey is just a mechanical mechanism that could fail. I just typed in failing gun safeties and the general consensus said that if a saftey fails is because there's something wrong with the gun.

Again, this is all just based on what I've read. I've never had any reason to not trust a saftey on a good, reputable and maintained firearm.
    I have only seen human error and self-firing lemons you should't be carrying in the first place.
    My sentiments exactly. Human error accounts for a lot. We're not perfect. Making mistakes is just something we all do as human beings. Couple that up with a tense situation and mistakes become a lot more common.

I've even heard of people taking Glocks and modifying the triggers on them to be super sensitive and using them as their carry pistol. I'm not knocking those that do that, if whoever does it and is confident enough in their ability to not have a negligent discharge, more power to them. That's certainly not something I would do.

You came over here just to spout of nonsense that no one gives a rats ass about.
    Please be careful how you toss out 'no one cares' claims. He's talking about knowing the law and being knowledgeable of your topic before attempting to lecture others on it. I care very much about that, as do most other members here. And they're just as applicable to the discussion here as they were in that other thread. I don't think you understood when he was trying to explain that. But I don't want to distract from the main topic any further, so I'll leave it at that.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Gee, I thought this particular conversation between me and him died out weeks ago but, kudos to you for reviving it.

Please be careful how you toss out 'no one cares' claims.
    No, I will not be careful, especially in this case because you are apparently focusing too much on just strictly what he said rather than whether or not it was justifiable to the discussion at that time. It was plain and clear to me that it was an attack because he didn't like what I said in a completely different forum.

But I don't want to distract from the main topic any further, so I'll leave it at that.
    Seriously?? The thread had already got un- distracted long time ago until now.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Gee, I thought this particular conversation between me and him died out weeks ago but, kudos to you for reviving it.
    That would still be true if you could manage to focus on what Rhino said rather than mischaracterizing what I said again. To wit:

No, I will not be careful, especially in this case because you are apparently focusing too much on just strictly what he said rather than whether or not it was justifiable to the discussion at that time. It was plain and clear to me that it was an attack because he didn't like what I said in a completely different forum.
    I repeat:

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Sure seems that way to me. Bringing up things I said from a different discussion that don't even pertain to this one? Why else would someone wanna do that? I'm stumped.
    That is beyond obvious, but nonetheless, I told you in this post exactly why I mentioned something from another thread. After acknowledging that you "dunno, maybe I'm wrong" you plowed straight ahead and advised someone to commit a felony, and a federal felony at that. Now you're suggesting through asking the question about people whose state governments keep their constitutional rights-taxing mandates to a minimum before a person can exercise the permitted privilege of carrying a weapon for self defense, if they..."Know the difference between what will keep you out of the pokey and what'll land you behind bars?" Once you've outed yourself as someone who wouldn't know how to keep themselves out of the "pokey," and advised another how to put themselves there to boot, I found it rather stunning that you would ask such a question with absolutely no knowledge of any factual data that might suggest people in more free states misuse or have more accidents with their weapons than people like you in less free states, so I said "Wow" thinking you might see the folly of speaking about stuff of which you know so little. Obviously I overestimated your visionary abilities, and wondered aloud if you didn't have it out for yourself by displaying your deficiencies in that regard so vividly.

Alrighty then.
    Indeed.
    Bad advice is bad advice whether it's cross-thread posted or not. You apparently consider it an "attack" to be corrected when you give people advice that could land them in federal prison should they follow it, and someone points that out, which by the way, wasn't even me to begin with. In any case, my so-called "attack" because of "not liking what you said in another thread" was nothing more than a warning to anybody who might be inclined to take you seriously about knowing how to stay "out of the pokey" to consider the source. Unlike yours, that was an advisory warning based on knowledge that I already had that, as a source of legal advice, you suck.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast