Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol. - Page 9
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
    Good Morning, Corneilous,

You seem to have self-defense handguns wired.
    I guess I don't follow... what do you mean I have self-defense guns wired?

People all too often buy handguns that are not compatible with remaining alive.
    Again, what do you mean?

Another reason why I love my P239 is it's very easy to point shoot. At 10', I can hit X rings all day long w/o sights.
    So is this little Ruger. It's an amazing little hand gun. Paired up with a 9-round magazine loaded with Federal Premium HST hollow points, I don't think remaining alive will be a problem... unless it's a mistake I make.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I guess I don't follow... what do you mean I have self-defense guns wired?

You've bought a handgun that's right for you. Having confidence in your equipment is extremely important.

Again, what do you mean?

See avove

So is this little Ruger. It's an amazing little hand gun. Paired up with a 9-round magazine loaded with Federal Premium HST hollow points, I don't think remaining alive will be a problem... unless it's a mistake I make.
    There are a lot of factors that'll determine gunfight outcome, many beyond your control: number of bad guys (more bad guys = poor survival odds), whether bad guy is under the influence of drugs, a bad guy's training and expertise, etc. Your absolute best hope of staying alive is not getting in a gunfight, which means avoidance at all reasonable costs. If you can't avoid, you can't get shot. That means you'll have to learn bullet avoidance tactics of survivors.

90+% of all gunfights occur at 10" or less. That means a survivor had damned well better learn to point shoot. Aiming will get a good guy killed. At that distance, a survivor will know to keep his weak hand free. But this expert assuredly as no clue of a free hand sweep. He only knows what his trained killer martial arts teacher taught him, which ain't a lot.

I could care less out his purported martial arts "skills". There is a strong and weak hand. He just ain't bright enough to know it.

Now let's read what you have to write.
    LOL. 10 inches. In any case, you have no clue what you are talking about. What exactly are your qualifications, beyond posting stupid Internet gun stuff? Reid Henrichs is certainly more qualified that you are.

The counter point to point shooting: You have a higher probability to miss, land hits that are not incapacitating, or shoot innocent bystanders. There is a time for point shooting when up close and there is a time for using your sights. Arguing for only training one technique is stupid Internet gun stuff. Here is a picture from one of Reid Henrichs' recent classes:

Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.-19060044_1436225886462752_8715778500932353228_n.jpg

Guess what, that's one-handed point shooting, with the other hand protecting the head and neck! Now, is that strong handed or weak handed shooting? What does the Internet gun expert say?

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    LOL. 10 inches. In any case, you have no clue what you are talking about. What exactly are your qualifications, beyond posting stupid Internet gun stuff? Reid Henrichs is certainly more qualified that you are.

The counter point to point shooting: You have a higher probability to miss, land hits that are not incapacitating, or shoot innocent bystanders. There is a time for point shooting when up close and there is a time for using your sights. Arguing for only training one technique is stupid Internet gun stuff. Here is a picture from one of Reid Henrichs' recent classes:

Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.-19060044_1436225886462752_8715778500932353228_n.jpg

Guess what, that's one-handed point shooting, with the other hand protecting the head and neck! Now, is that strong handed or weak handed shooting? What does the Internet gun expert say?
    bofh,

My qualifications are none of your business. Disregard anything I've written.

I didn't lose sight of the fact that it took you a long time to Google your photo from which nothing of value can be learned because her hand to her head is advanced training of armchair commandos. Her weak hand ought to be sweeping tha bad guy's gun away from his point of aim on her body. I guess it's too far above your skill set to understand.

If you didn't know that I meant ten feet as opposed to ten inches, leave gunfighting to professionals. You stay home and watch in on TV.

Here's what happens when a dancer meets a true tough guy:

Keep in mind that Mitrione had no fighting skills. He was merely a tough dude who wasn't going to allow a martial arts dancer whip him

Many years ago, one of the famed an pseudo bad-asses, one of the Gracie brothers, got his ass handed to him by a tough guy.

Martial arts are a joke. A tough guy street fighter will win every single time. Hell, Chuck Norris would've gotten his clocked cleaned to Panama by Roberto Duran.

bofh,

Oh yeah: her sideways hold is straight outta advanced armchair commando trained killer school. Who the hell taught her that technique? You? Her hip point needs a lot of work.

Stay outta gunfights. You're already at a disadvantage. Maybe more dojo time will help.

bofh,

My qualifications are none of your business. Disregard anything I've written.

I didn't lose sight of the fact that it took you a long time to Google your photo from which nothing of value can be learned because her hand to her head is advanced training of armchair commandos. Her weak hand ought to be sweeping tha bad guy's gun away from his point of aim on her body. I guess it's too far above your skill set to understand.

If you didn't know that I meant ten feet as opposed to ten inches, leave gunfighting to professionals. You stay home and watch in on TV.
    So, your qualifications are exactly zero then. Got it.

Af for the time it took to respond to you, I am on travel today and I am not paying for Delta's in-flight Internet service. I didn't Google the photo either, by the way. I knew exactly where it was, on Reid Henrichs' Facebook page. I recently posted another photo from his Facebook page is this forum. I also trained with Reid at Valor Ridge.

Your "free hand sweep" technique is only one of many and has certain risks. Not that many respected instructors teach the "free hand sweep" technique anymore. A 2-D target is not a person that can grab your hand. Also, getting tangled up with the aggressor while having one hand in front of your body and handgun is a good recipe to shoot yourself. If you shoot yourself, it still counts.

Speaking of armchair commandos, you are pretty good at that. Watch this video on Close Quarters Shooting by Rob Pincus:

bofh,

Oh yeah: her sideways hold is straight outta advanced armchair commando trained killer school. Who the hell taught her that technique? You? Her hip point needs a lot of work.

Stay outta gunfights. You're already at a disadvantage. Maybe more dojo time will help.
    So, now you are belittling students that attend handgun training classes AND you know nothing about the subject. The arm and the slide are supposed to form a straight line with the magazine pressed against the rib cage. That is a stable platform to shoot from and a good method to aim. There is a reason why the gun is held sideways like this. If you don't know why then you have no clue what you are talking about. Some firearms schools don't teach a full 90 degree rotation like this one, though.

90+% of all gunfights occur at 10" or less.
    Funny, I knew exactly what you meant all along. Didnt notice the typo bofh's trying to exploit until now.

You gotta watch that with him.

Here's what happens when a dancer meets a true tough guy:

Keep in mind that Mitrione had no fighting skills. He was merely a tough dude who wasn't going to allow a martial arts dancer whip him

Many years ago, one of the famed an pseudo bad-asses, one of the Gracie brothers, got his ass handed to him by a tough guy.

Martial arts are a joke. A tough guy street fighter will win every single time. Hell, Chuck Norris would've gotten his clocked cleaned to Panama by Roberto Duran.
    So that's where you get your knowledge from. Got it.

So, you say martial arts are a joke and then post an MMA video to prove your point?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast