New: Ruger Mark IV Pistol

Thread: New: Ruger Mark IV Pistol

Thumbs up New: Ruger Mark IV Pistol

After 60+ years, Ruger has finally decided to design the pistol to be taken apart. From Ruger | Firearms News:

Ruger Perfects Rimfire - Again: Introducing the One-Button Takedown Mark IV
    September 22, 2016

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) is excited to announce the latest development in the Mark Series line of pistols - the Ruger® Mark IV™. Ruger has long set the standard for reliable, affordable and accurate .22 LR handguns, beginning with the introduction of the Standard Pistol in 1949. Since then, the Standard Pistol has undergone a series of enhancements with the development of the Mark I, Mark II™ and then the Mark III™ in 2005.

While the heavily redesigned Mark IV maintains the same classic outward appearance as the Mark III, it incorporates a significant improvement customers will love - a simple, one-button takedown for quick and easy field-stripping. A recessed button in the back of the frame allows the upper receiver to tilt up and off of the grip frame without the use of tools. The bolt simply slides out of the receiver and the barrel can be properly cleaned from chamber to muzzle.

For those existing Ruger Mark owners, here is the single, most important diassembly and reassembly tip:

The new MK-IV looks like a winner to me. Many people complain about breaking down and reassembling previous MK's but you can do it fairly quickly and without tools with experience. The MK-IV uses a push button and it's apart. Reassembly couldn't be easier and no tools are required.

The S&W Victory has a simple one screw takedown but you need a tool. There are many complaints concerning the take down screw shooting loose and several owners have been using Loc-tite.

Quick takedown is not new, High Standard used screw and push buttons on their guns over 50 years ago.

I have Ruger MK-II, MK-III, S&W Victory and a High-Standard and will not get rid of them but I can't wait to get my hands on this new MK-IV.
    USAF 1958-62
    NRA Member since the 1950's
    FL CCW