Looking for first CCW - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for first CCW

1. I really like IWB with my Crossbreed holster, and I have others. For a pistol, I prefer my glock 30 to any of my other pistols, and I have many. [S&W bodyguard, kahr cm9 & cm45, kimber solo, kimber ultra 10-2, glock 21, taurus 357 and taurus 38spl and more. I find reliability is most important with recoil and shoot ability coming in 2 and 3. Glock wins reliability hands down over all my other pistols. It's the only one that always goes bang 100% of the time.

Sent from my SM-G935T using USA Carry mobile app

Looking for first CCW

Quote Originally Posted by jmarcus View Post
    I really like IWB with my Crossbreed holster, and I have others. For a pistol, I prefer my glock 30 to any of my other pistols, and I have many. [S&W bodyguard, kahr cm9 & cm45, kimber solo, kimber ultra 10-2, glock 21, taurus 357 and taurus 38spl and more. I find reliability is most important with recoil and shoot ability coming in 2 and 3. Glock wins reliability hands down over all my other pistols. It's the only one that always goes bang 100% of the time.

Sent from my SM-G935T using USA Carry mobile app
    How do you like the fit of your G30 in your crossbreed holster? I considered a double stack pistol for ISW carry but I figured one would be too wide for comfort which is why I settled on a single stack pistol. And even then so, I still have to wear my alien gear holster pretty low below the waistband to make it comfortable. I considered a double stack Beretta Storm sub compact among a few other double stack compacts or subs just figgered the width would be too much.

At first I wanted to try a crossbreed holster but I figured their much less trial period was too short...lol. Alien gear gave me a whole month to make sure it was gonna work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I wasn't real crazy about that mag paddle release either on a Walther I checked out a while back. Just didn't seem right. I'm not putting down Walther pistols, just saying I'm not crazy about the ones with that type of mag release.

But to the OP, take a look at the Ruger LC9s. I just got one and already love it. It meets a lot of your criteria. 9mm Luger, 7 round magazine with one in the chamber making 8, has a very nice trigger pull on it, small enough for pocket carry and small and narrow enough for an ISW holster, comes with a pinky extension floor plate on the magazine for better grip but also comes with a smooth floor plate if it makes concealing difficult and fairly inexpensive at probably around $400. The store I bought mine at had it on sale for $379.

If you don't want a slide saftey or magazine disconnect, which will allow you to fire the gun without a magazine inserted into the grip, Ruger also makes a "Pro" version as well.

Most people's issue with the paddle release is they think they are supposed to be using their thumb. Its intended to be used with index or middle finger which allows you to drop the mag without shifting your grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar888 View Post
    Most people's issue with the paddle release is they think they are supposed to be using their thumb. Its intended to be used with index or middle finger which allows you to drop the mag without shifting your grip.
    True but as with myself and probably most people, the regular grip located push button mag release is the most most common that most people are used to. As I said before, I tried one and wasn't crazy about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12