Beretta Pico - Don't dry fire it

Thread: Beretta Pico - Don't dry fire it

Thumbs down Beretta Pico - Don't dry fire it

TheYankeeMarshal has a video out on the tip of the firing pin breaking off when dry firing the Beretta Pico. Beretta Customer Service acknowledged that this is an issue that that one should not dry fire the gun.

3. Can anybody confirm that the Sig .22 conversion kits are safe to dry fire? I have the p938 and p228 conversion and am considering the p226 22 conversion kit.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up.

5. Yeap, I found out the hard way. Get snap caps.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I use snap caps as much as I can. I've heard both sides of the story about whether or not dry firing is or isn't damaging so, I would just rather not take that chance. Speaking of which, I need to get some snap caps for my Ruger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I dry fire all of my other handguns. Never an issue. This is a Pico specific issue.

Quote Originally Posted by civilian75 View Post
    I dry fire all of my other handguns. Never an issue. This is a Pico specific issue.

As stated in the OP and in the video posted in the OP, it is a Pico specific issue. From the Pico manual:

DRY FIRING & DUMMY ROUNDS

Dry firing is defined as firing a firearm with no ammunition in the chamber. Long term dry firing of your Beretta Pico pistol may result in damage to the firing pin. “Snap Caps” (inert chamber inserts that allow a firearm to be dry-fired without damaging the firing pin) are available at most gun stores for those who wish to practice firing without live ammunition.
    RTFM!