Hire American, Buy American?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hire American, Buy American??

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    All guns, television set and automobile made in the U.S.A.
    Can you give examples? Most people confuse product company with where a product is assembled with where the parts of a product are produced. I certainly can get guns completely made in the USA and cars assembled in the USA that have parts mostly sourced from the USA. TVs? Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Can you give examples? Most people confuse product company with where a product is assembled with where the parts of a product are produced. I certainly can get guns completely made in the USA and cars assembled in the USA that have parts mostly sourced from the USA. TVs? Not really.
    He didn't say how old the TV is. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Not really.
    All say MADE IN THE U.S.A. So yes, really.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to HELL"

My Uncle just purchased a SCCY CPX2 9 mm designed and made in the USA as a carry. He let me shoot it and it performs well.

Sent from my iPad using USA Carry

Quote Originally Posted by wjkuleck View Post
    Hey, folks, if you want to buy American, buy AMERICANóRuger American, that is! I've long said that the Ruger SR/SR45 was the most overlooked pistol line on the market; the American, for many folks, is even better! I've put my money where my mouth is, with two SR9s (house guns in different rooms) and an SR9C for carrying. I also have an SR45 for carrying, and just got an American .45. Without a doubt, worth consideration.

Consider 'em.

Best,

Walt
    PS Keep in mind that all Rugers are 100% made in NH, NC or AZ. Just saynin'.
    Bought my SR9 in 2010. Still love it and carry everyday, including Sunday to church. It is part of me.

8. I do prefer my SR45 to the new American. Glad I have it—the SR45, that is.

Best,

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Bought my SR9 in 2010. Still love it and carry everyday, including Sunday to church. It is part of me.
    The same goes for my Glock 43. Speaking of church carry, our church has a "Firearms Fellowship". We have our annual Bar-BQ target shoot every March, a real blast! Pun intended.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to HELL"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    The same goes for my Glock 43. Speaking of church carry, our church has a "Firearms Fellowship". We have our annual Bar-BQ target shoot every March, a real blast! Pun intended.
    We also have church members who carry at church (Hubby is one of them). Our church has an annual clay shoot activity.

I try to buy American when I can but between the Glock19 and the M&P9C I went with the Glock. The 19 is just a hair bigger than the 9C and just that same hair smaller than a FS9. The 19 gives you 3 more rounds in pretty close to the same footprint. It also gives (IMO) the a better grip. And a slightly longer sight radius.

Both the 9C and the 19 will take their full sized counterpart's magazine. Giving both a 17 round capacity so that's a semi wash unless you want to get stupid and use a 33 round Glock 18 magazine.

The Glock19 is ubiquitous, aftermarket magazines for it are abundant and fairly easy to find. Several companies make accessories for it too.

So between those two I'd go with the 19 but if you're dead set on buying American maybe take a look at a M&PFS9
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast