Idiot Proofing a Glock - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idiot Proofing a Glock

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    So in other words, this won't work on my Beretta Storm since it has an external hammer on the back of the slide?

I'm actually kind of afraid to try this with my Ruger, I don't want to break my thumb if it happens to not work.
    There is that statement about don't try this out yourself at home. Take a traning class if you want to learn how and when to do this.

Watch the video below about doing this with a 10mm Glock 20 and warm 10 mm Blazer Brass ammo (1050 fps/490 ft-lb). The reason why the support hand method hurt in this case was that he didn't apply enough pressure. If there is not enough pressure the locked breech mechanism unlocks and the slide will cycle.

Reread my post. I said more than likely. I didn't say it was a totally, 100%, fool-proof fail-safe.

Nobody knows what will happen or how any attack will go down but always being in your guard, especially when open carrying, will minimize your chances of letting an attacker get too close to grab your gun.
    Right, as far as the uncertainty of an attack goes. The open carry statement is out of place and may lead into an entirely different discussion.

Would love to if one came to town. May have to look at an online course or something.
    Force-on-force classes can't be taken online or by watching a DVD. The purpose of such classes is in their name. You will be carrying a handgun that fires training ammunition. You will be wearing protective gear. You will have to make shoot/don't shoot decisions in real life scenarios and actually shoot people.

The introductory part of such classes uses blue guns instead of training ammunition. This also means that you don't need the protective gear. Cheaper versions of such classes may only use blue guns. This is an advanced defensive handgun class that should be taken by people that have successfully completed the prerequisite defensive handgun classes.

Idiot Proofing a Glock

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    -snip-

Right, as far as the uncertainty of an attack goes. The open carry statement is out of place and may lead into an entirely different discussion.

-snip-
    Well, I think it's pretty self-explanatory as to what I meant. I wasn't dogging open carry even though it's not something I would do in public while running around town, I was just merely stating that when you do open carry, people are gonna see it. You're gonna stick out more. Whether open carrying that will act as a deterrent or an attractant depends on the attacker. That's why it's wise to be a lot more aware of your surroundings and on your guard a lot more.

If anyone wants to take what I said outta context regarding open carry, that's their problem as I can't control what people think.

But anyway, hopefully that's cleared up so, back to the topic at hand.

Why? First off, it's not just Glocks, it's pretty much any pistol that relies solely on a trigger safety that is relatively easy to have a negligent discharge if anything gets caught on the trigger. Even the Springfield's, with their grip safety. I mean, is there a different way to grip that pistol when you holster it, that I don't know about, so that you keep from depressing it just in case the trigger gets caught on something?
    Any Glock or Glock-clone ... sure ... I agree ... they are all equally hazardous.

Well, I think it's pretty self-explanatory as to what I meant. I wasn't dogging open carry even though it's not something I would do in public while running around town, I was just merely stating that when you do open carry, people are gonna see it. You're gonna stick out more. Whether open carrying that will act as a deterrent or an attractant depends on the attacker. That's why it's wise to be a lot more aware of your surroundings and on your guard a lot more.

If anyone wants to take what I said outta context regarding open carry, that's their problem as I can't control what people think.

But anyway, hopefully that's cleared up so, back to the topic at hand.
    I fully understood what you meant. What I meant was that you are changing the topic of this thread to something that has already been discussed over and over again in the open carry sub forum. There was simply no need to bring it up here.

Originally posted by corneileous
    Nobody knows what will happen or how any attack will go down but always being in your guard, especially when open carrying, will minimize your chances of letting an attacker get too close to grab your gun.
    I fully understood what you meant. What I meant was that you are changing the topic of this thread to something that has already been discussed over and over again in the open carry sub forum. There was simply no need to bring it up here.
    Sorry but me harmlessly saying someone should be more aware of their surroundings when they open carry is hardly changing the topic. You're making this out to be more than what it should be by scolding me over a simple combination of two words.

Sorry but me harmlessly saying someone should be more aware of their surroundings when they open carry is hardly changing the topic. You're making this out to be more than what it should be by scolding me over a simple combination of two words.
    What if I told you that I simply don't share your opinion? What if I told you that I do not wish to discuss that I don't share your opinion in this thread as it would change the topic of this thread to the usual open carry topic that has been discussed over and over and over again? Is that so difficult to understand?

There was simply no need to bring up the topic of open carry as the argument you presented applies to both, open and concealed carry. If you have the opinion that open carry makes one somehow more vulnerable to an attack or to someone stealing your gun, then there are numerous existing open carry threads that you can post your opinion in.

The original topic of this thread is the invention of a stupid device that is meant for stupid people that have little-to-no training, i.e., your average police officer. The device interferes with the advanced handgun fighting technique that I mentioned. There are other critical comments one can make about that device, such as keeping your thumb on the back of the slide is a stupid drawing/holstering technique as the shooter does not create a full grip and needs to change/adjust it during the draw/holstering.

Idiot Proofing a Glock

What if I told you that I simply don't share your opinion?
    Ok. Duly noted. I'll ask it again... Why are you continuing to make this into something bigger than it needs to? Feeling the need to senselessly and needlessly argue over nothing?

What if I told you that I do not wish to discuss that I don't share your opinion in this thread as it would change the topic of this thread to the usual open carry topic that has been discussed over and over and over again?
    So then what do you call this??? You sure are blabbering on and on and on about something you wish to not discuss.
    Is that so difficult to understand?
    What, that you're making a mountain out of a molehill? Oh yeah I got it, clear as a bell....Idiot Proofing a Glock

There was simply no need to bring up the topic....
    Again, me simply mentioning the term as an example is NOT changing the subject. Your rambling on and on about your disapproval of two words is what's changing the subject.

.....of open carry as the argument you presented applies to both, open and concealed carry. If you have the opinion that open carry makes one somehow more vulnerable to an attack or to someone stealing your gun, then there are numerous existing open carry threads that you can post your opinion in.
    I'd rather not.

The original topic of this thread is the invention of a stupid device...
    Then let's keep it that way. STFU with your pointless arguing about something completely harmless I said in one of my posts.

You are right. Someone in O/C mode definitely needs to be even more vigilant.

In O/C mode everyone can see the gun and where it is.

It is easier to grab and wrestle away in O/C mode.

This is why concealed carry mode is a much better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    You are right. Someone in O/C mode definitely needs to be even more vigilant.

In O/C mode everyone can see the gun and where it is.

It is easier to grab and wrestle away in O/C mode.

This is why concealed carry mode is a much better idea.
    I agree but that's neither here nor there.

Ok. Duly noted. I'll ask it again... Why are you continuing to make this into something bigger than it needs to? Feeling the need to senselessly and needlessly argue over nothing?

So then what do you call this??? You sure are blabbering on and on and on about something you wish to not discuss.

What, that you're making a mountain out of a molehill? Oh yeah I got it, clear as a bell....Idiot Proofing a Glock

Again, me simply mentioning the term as an example is NOT changing the subject. Your rambling on and on about your disapproval of two words is what's changing the subject.

I'd rather not.

Then let's keep it that way. STFU with your pointless arguing about something completely harmless I said in one of my posts.
    You should have directed this post at yourself. After all, it is you continuing this with accusations against me. You are making a mountain out of a molehill with your continuous blabbering and rambling. How about you STFU with your pointless arguing. I guess you won't be able to STFU and I will see another useless off-topic reply from you.

Regarding HKS's OC vs. CC post, I told you so. Now, we have this troll chiming in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast