.45's! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .45's!

Quote Originally Posted by snowman45 View Post
    So bofh is in hall monitor status again? Why is it you seem to think people write their ideas and opinions for your edification? You appear to be a contrarian of the highest order.
    I guess you just came to this thread to pile on to a personal attack and not actually to contribute anything. Can you identify the purpose of the OP?

Yes, I can identify the purpose of his post. He wanted to express his affection for the .45 ACP. It's his privilege and takes nothing away from you, but you find a need to make a sarcastic and condescending remark. So, if I'm "piling on", perhaps you need to assess the reason people take exception to your remarks. You are entitled to your opinion, Like everyone else. It's just that you seem to set your opinion above that of others and then poke a finger at them. For me, not something I care to see. If you have something constructive to say, do so. Otherwise, I have to ask, what is the purpose of your post?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman45 View Post
    Yes, I can identify the purpose of his post. He wanted to express his affection for the .45 ACP. It's his privilege and takes nothing away from you, but you find a need to make a sarcastic and condescending remark. So, if I'm "piling on", perhaps you need to assess the reason people take exception to your remarks. You are entitled to your opinion, Like everyone else. It's just that you seem to set your opinion above that of others and then poke a finger at them. For me, not something I care to see. If you have something constructive to say, do so. Otherwise, I have to ask, what is the purpose of your post?
    Unlike you, I had something constructive to say once I figured out what the topic of the thread was. I ignored the caliber masturbation that typically leads to endless caliber wars.

Perhaps you need to asses why you feel the need to pile on, given that you have not contributed to the thread and the OP's personal attack against me was edited/deleted by the forum owner. Under normal circumstances, the forum owner would have temporarily banned the OP for making such remarks.

As for your last sentence, maybe you just need to work your forearms a bit since 5lbs is too much for you. Defensive triggers have their place, especially for guns without safeties. Plus I can shoot just as well with 8.5lb sd9 trigger as a 5lb glock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

As I said before, a heavy trigger should never be used as an insurance against a negligent discharge, especially if you go full retard on a revolver. I thought I just leave this here:

Insurance against negligent discharge should be proper training and confidence in yourself to operate your weapon safely. But a heavy trigger pull doesn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas0792 View Post
    Insurance against negligent discharge should be proper training and confidence in yourself to operate your weapon safely. But a heavy trigger pull doesn't hurt either.
    It literally does for me. Read my previous post in this thread about my injuries.

There is no one-size-fits-all solution. If you can operate a heavy trigger and shoot fast and accurate with it, good for you. You will still be shooting faster and more accurate with a slightly lighter trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    It literally does for me. Read my previous post in this thread about my injuries.

There is no one-size-fits-all solution. If you can operate a heavy trigger and shoot fast and accurate with it, good for you. You will still be shooting faster and more accurate with a slightly lighter trigger.
    Maybe, maybe not. A light trigger isn't everything.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    As I said before, a heavy trigger should never be used as an insurance against a negligent discharge, especially if you go full retard on a revolver. I thought I just leave this here:

The video linked has nothing to do with how heavy or light the trigger pull of the gun is in DA mode since the first thing the halfwit did was thumb the hammer back to the short, light SA mode- with his finger still on the trigger.

That's a classic example of what happens when you combine arrogance, ignorance, incompetence and firearms. I think he needs to attend some firearms training classes- starting with one on basic firearm safety and handling- rather than trying to teach one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12