Testing...edc guns - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testing...edc guns

1. Carrying a firearm is such a personal decision that no one can disagree with your choice. Some people swear by a 1911, I don't. I would hate to carry that piece of iron all day. That does not in any way make carrying a 1911 wrong. Some people think a 380 is too light and has not enough stopping power. I don't, and again, that does not make those that hold that opinion wrong. Why you would think that anyone who disagrees with your choices would not welcome you on this forum is beyond my understanding. To each, his own. Carry a blunderbuss if thats your choice and you are comfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DFJ View Post
    Definately not trolling. Just stating what I carry and wondering how I will be percieved...ie..welcome or not. These things seem to stir up both positive and negative with passion.
    Hoping this is a sight that is used for discussion for learning about all aspects of guns and we who use them.
    Best regards to all.
    DFJ
    Well, you say you do well financially, own an airplane, and carry a Hi-Point in a Fobus Holster. One really doesn't go with the other. As I mentioned, Hi-Points have several design flaws. You bought not only a cheap gun, but a piece of crap. Are you going cheap with airplane maintenance as well?

Since you claim that you have the money, buy a decent handgun for yourself and your wife. Buy a decent holster and gun belt. Then buy a training class for both of you at a professional firearms training school. If you want, you can take the training class with rental equipment first to see what works best for you and then buy.

A factory warranty should never be the deciding factor to buy a firearm. Known reliability should be. A factory warranty doesn't do you any good when the gun breaks down when you need it most.

Quote Originally Posted by DGeorge View Post
    Carrying a firearm is such a personal decision that no one can disagree with your choice. Some people swear by a 1911, I don't. I would hate to carry that piece of iron all day. That does not in any way make carrying a 1911 wrong. Some people think a 380 is too light and has not enough stopping power. I don't, and again, that does not make those that hold that opinion wrong. Why you would think that anyone who disagrees with your choices would not welcome you on this forum is beyond my understanding. To each, his own. Carry a blunderbuss if thats your choice and you are comfortable with it.
    There is a difference between disagreeing and welcoming. There is also a difference between the right tool and the wrong tool for the job. You can be comfortable with the wrong tool for the job, but that doesn't change the fact that it is the wrong tool for the job. Hi-Points are poorly designed firearms that have all kinds of issues.

For example, the plastic the firearm uses is not rated for high impact (unlike Glocks and other Tupperware firearms). Yes, you can break a Hi-Point by dropping it on the pavement. I already mentioned another major design flaw. Hi-Point handguns are blow-back operated, which requires a heavy slide. There is only a tiny roll pin that prevents that slide from implanting it in your face.

The other drawback of the heavy slide is that you can rack a round in the chamber without manually operating the slide. If you simply move the frame quickly enough, it will do it on its own, if you are lucky. If you are unlucky, this will produce a failure to feed. Also, in Hi-Points, the firing pin is the ejector. A simple failure to eject can bend the firing pin and make the gun inoperable. An optional malfunction is the firing pin just bending enough to result in a slam fire.

5. bofh, I think you are just a contrarian. You puff up and want to be seen as an authority. You aren't. The man wants to carry Hi-Point thats his choice regardless of your ridiculous opinion. Every forum has someone like you that has to spout off on every post, just to get attention. Welcome the man and his choices. His life, his choice.

bofh, I think you are just a contrarian. You puff up and want to be seen as an authority. You aren't. The man wants to carry Hi-Point thats his choice regardless of your ridiculous opinion. Every forum has someone like you that has to spout off on every post, just to get attention. Welcome the man and his choices. His life, his choice.
    I am sorry for hurting your feelings by posting facts. I see that you do not have any argument here other than to personally attack me. Classy!

I will not congratulate or encourage people when they clearly bought the wrong firearm. Yes, in the short term I will hurt their feelings as any person that purchased a firearm and feels good about it seeks confirmation on Internet gun forums, and not controversy.

If one is on a budget, then the SCCY CPX-2 is a significantly better option than a Hi-Point. Having said that, the OP is apparently not on a budget. It eludes me why he purchased that firearm, as I do not know a single person that would recommend it to a potential buyer that has the money for a quality firearm.

7. Pal, dont flatter your self. There is no way you could hurt my feelings. You are not nearly the expert you think you are. Hows life in moms basement?

Pal, dont flatter your self. There is no way you could hurt my feelings. You are not nearly the expert you think you are. Hows life in moms basement?
    Do you think that this post somehow bolsters your argument?

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Do you think that this post somehow bolsters your argument?
    Wow, looks like our resident tacticool guru got spanked
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12