Testing...edc guns
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testing...edc guns

Testing...edc guns

Here we go folks. I'm middle age and do well financially. That being said..I own an airplane and carry a C9 and JHP45 daily in Fobus Holsters. My wife owns a 380. All are Hi Points. Originally bought the 380 as a skeptic. After a few rounds through it I went out and bought the nine millimeter and my wife took over the 380. After some 4000-plus rounds through the 9 millimeter I went looking for a 45. I took a close look at a used SD40VE that was in great shape but without any warranty and opted to go with a Hi Point 45. I have changed the sights on the 45 and C9 to a brilliant low light orange that works really well... for me anyway. I also combined a couple of colors of textured paint to the grips to get a color and feel that I like. They do not have the Finesse of some more expensive guns but they have proven very reliable and accurate for me. That being said I am not about to ridicule the other guns out there as there are several that I would like to own but not at the expense of giving up the ones I have. I'm not a gun collector but do appreciate the finer workmanship of some of the more expensive firearms.

Is there a question you have or are you just looking for comments?

Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Is there a question you have or are you just looking for comments?
    Maybe DFJ is just introducing himself with a bit of personal firearm history.

With that in mind I will extend a "Welcome!" to DFJ.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Was out shooting with a friend on his property today. He wanted to go because he had a new 9mm Hi Point, and a new Hi Point carbine in 9mm. I put about 20 rounds through each.

Carbine was decent, and no issues for its outing. Handgun, wow that is one clunky gun, but it did function without any problems, and trigger was decent, short pull, predictable break point.

That said, today I shot my Ruger SR9c, Springfield XDS9, and my Sig P238 (.380) about 100 rounds through each. Any of my three cost more than he has in his Hi Point carbine and handgun combined, I am convinced that quality over the Hi Points is worth the cost.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Yup, the Hi-Point seems to be a very reliable gun and they are easy to shoot.

However, they are clunky and heavy and not all that easy to disassemble.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'
    That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Yup, the Hi-Point seems to be a very reliable gun and they are easy to shoot.

However, they are clunky and heavy and not all that easy to disassemble.
    Not really. Hi-Points have several design flaws, one of which can send the slide flying into your face.

Definately not trolling. Just stating what I carry and wondering how I will be percieved...ie..welcome or not. These things seem to stir up both positive and negative with passion.
    Hoping this is a sight that is used for discussion for learning about all aspects of guns and we who use them.
    Best regards to all.
    DFJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast