Bersa Mini Firestorm 45
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bersa Mini Firestorm 45

1. Bersa Mini Firestorm 45

I looked at one today. It fits my hand nicely. I also looked at a Taurus PT145 and a Kahr CW45. The Kahr has a thinner profile but didn't feel right in my big hands. The PT145 feels good and holds 11 rounds vs 7 rounds in the Bersa.

What's the verdict on Bersa? Is it a decent gun. I know from the price point that it's not best. I like the action on the Bersa over the PT145. The Bersa is true DA/SA with a hammer. Opinions?

Thanks...

Both good

I have a bersa 380CC and it is great. I also have the Taurus PT145 Mil-pro stainless and it has been very good.
    Go to bersatalk.com and read up on the 45. Most are extremely pleased with them. I think if the bersa held more rounds and I could actually find one it would be the winner. The construction on the bersa/fiirestorm line is very good. The finishes leave something to be desired.
    :: Bersa Talk :: - Forums

4. I'm actually looking at the Bersa Firestorm .380 or the Kel-Tec P11 for my wife. I like the .380. Very comfortable in my hand and easily concealable. She wasn't overjoyed because it wasn't "pretty". We haven't been able to find a P11 in person yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    I'm actually looking at the Bersa Firestorm .380 or the Kel-Tec P11 for my wife. I like the .380. Very comfortable in my hand and easily concealable. She wasn't overjoyed because it wasn't "pretty". We haven't been able to find a P11 in person yet.
    Get her a standard thunder. They make nickel, and even a "pimp" version with gold. You can get semi-custom wood grips for the thunders here that are absolutely beautiful and affordable. :: Bersa Talk :: - Forums

If she thinks the thunders are ugly she will puke when she sees a P11.

6. Thumbs up

I have the 380 and feel it is a very nice gun I have had no problem with it. I also have some friends that have it as well and love it. I do knot think you can go worng with one.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

7. I recently purchased a used Bersa Mini FireStorm, 40 cal and just love it. Have also Bretta and Ruger pistols, but like the FireStorm the best!

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    I looked at one today. It fits my hand nicely. I also looked at a Taurus PT145 and a Kahr CW45. The Kahr has a thinner profile but didn't feel right in my big hands. The PT145 feels good and holds 11 rounds vs 7 rounds in the Bersa.

What's the verdict on Bersa? Is it a decent gun. I know from the price point that it's not best. I like the action on the Bersa over the PT145. The Bersa is true DA/SA with a hammer. Opinions?

Thanks...
    Don't base your judgement of quality on the firearm's cost. Is a Kimber a "better" gun than a Glock since it's twice the price?

Bersa manufactures quality firearms at an affordable cost. I picked one up at a gun show recently, and I thought it to be quite a worthy gun. I'd say go for it if you like it. The only downside might be an inavailability of holster options.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

9. The three on my short list now are the Firestorm, Springfield XD and Glock 30. Of course the XD and Glock are quite a bit more money than the Firestorm. Decisions, decisions... There's too many to choose from. :)

Do you have any way of test shooting all of them? All other things equal in my eyes, I'd go with the Bersa for no other reason except cost....

Then again....I'd make sure there was a holster available for it before I laid down my money.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

11. I was able to shoot the Glock and Firestorm. I went with the Glock 30SF with night sites. The recoil felt better on the G30. Rapid fire, 6 shots, I was able to hold a better grouping consistently on the G30 and it just felt better in my hand. I paid $710 for the Glock. The Firestorm was $399 + $125 for night sights. I might still buy one if I can score a real good deal at the gun show. I also bought the wife a Kahr CW9.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast