Springfield Armory XD-E

Thread: Springfield Armory XD-E

Question Springfield Armory XD-E

So, Springfield Armory unveiled the XD-E at the NRA Annual Meeting today. According to Springfield Armory, they "reinvented the hammer". According to show attendees I spoke to today, nobody knows why.

Springfield Armory XD-E-xde9339b_mid_l-660x523.jpg

3. I read a review and looked at this yesterday. I don't like it, especially the decocker deal, ambi or not. It is thin though I'll give them that. But to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

I was kind of liking this gun, since I am a dinosaur and prefer hammer fired guns over striker fired. However, as soon as I started seeing advertisements for this gun, I also started seeing all of the news about Springfield agreeing to new Illinois gun control laws. No Springfields in my future now.

Just providing a link to the thread about the SA and RRA sellout: Is SA and RRA back stabbing Illinois Gun Owners?.

I would set aside the political spin and just consider the gun.
    It is bigger (Longer by more than half a inch) than a 3.3 XDS, it does have a better grip than that XDS, not a lot better, but better. It has a external safety/decocker which is more complicating for a inexperienced shooter. Grip Safety and Trigger safety of the XDS are gone on the XDE. The sights are nearly identical between the two. The trigger is a lot different and that could be better depending on your personal preferences.
    The gun does not work for me first because it is too long to fit in my pocket and it has a external safety. I have a Taurus PT-111 G2 with 12+1 at close to the same size for IWB carry
    I would like to own one, but for the curiosity only. Who knows I might get converted

Politacally SA and RRA say they were hoodwinked. Certainly SA's webpage openly campaigns against the Illinois bill.

A couple of points:
    Some call facts "political spin". I call them facts. SA NEVER denies contributing money and being a part of the group that cut this special deal with the state. They claim they didn't know about the deal, so it's up to each person to believe that part or not. But there is no question that they were a part of the group and were financial contributors. It's also undeniable that they NEVER disclaimed the deal until the cat was out of the bag and they were outed.
    If this were the only good gun on the market (assuming it's a good gun), I might be more willing to overlook the shady dealings of SA and buy one. But with so many other good choices, I prefer to buy from a company that isn't sleeping with the enemy.