Anyone else can't shoot a particular gun? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else can't shoot a particular gun?

1. Glock 26 - hundreds of rounds and never could get better than about a 7 inch group at 10 yards. My sister (who, as far as I know, has never shot a pistol before) thought it was "cute" and wanted to try it out. Of course, she rips off about a 2.5 inch group her first time, so I guess it wasn't the pistol. I offered to sell it to her, but she declined. So I sold it and bought a S&W 642.
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

Everytime I miss it's the gun's fault, not mine. ;)

Lucky for me.... I haven't found anything that I can't shoot. Of course, there are some that I don't shoot as well as others, but all in all I can keep almost anything in center mass. :D
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Jc40

I guess i fall into the same catagory.I haven`t shot one yet that i didn`t like.not that i have shot hundreds of different guns,but i`ve shot my fair share.Kinda like food.Haven`t met much i don`t get along with.:D

I find the Beretta 92 hard to shoot well. Some years bacl I went shooting with a friend who had one. I could hit with it, but it required great mental effort and concentration. Had colt Buntline .22 revolver I couldn't hit anything with, and another that I could shoot like a carbine. I used a borrowed Glock that had a stoppage at least every other magazine for me, but has never failed for its owner. I don't limp wrist an auto. My Steyr S9 has been through hundreds of rounds for me without a failure of any kind. Go figure.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

7. My bugaboo was the Kel-Tec P3AT. Couldn't hit a barn with it from inside the barn.

In fairness to the gun I had just gotten in to serious gun shooting and it was my 1st mouse gun purchase. After a few weeks of practice I got to where I could hit a barn (If it were a very large barn. I went to a Kahr PM 9 and do much better with it. It's not quite a pocket pistol unless I wear cargo pants but conceals very well in an IWB holster.

Now I have several months of twice a week practice and my shooting has improve tremendously with the Kahr, My XD 9 and my 1911 .45.

Maybe it's time to give the Kel-Tec another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    My bugaboo was the Kel-Tec P3AT. Couldn't hit a barn with it from inside the barn.

In fairness to the gun I had just gotten in to serious gun shooting and it was my 1st mouse gun purchase. After a few weeks of practice I got to where I could hit a barn (If it were a very large barn. I went to a Kahr PM 9 and do much better with it. It's not quite a pocket pistol unless I wear cargo pants but conceals very well in an IWB holster.

Now I have several months of twice a week practice and my shooting has improve tremendously with the Kahr, My XD 9 and my 1911 .45.

Maybe it's time to give the Kel-Tec another chance.
    I found the more I aimed my P32 and P3AT the worse I shot. But I started just picking it up, 'pointing' and shooting and I started doing better (like everything staying inside 8" at 21' to 30'. That's how I practice now, I 'look over the sights' and concentrate on the target. For close range reaction shooting it seems to work well for me. Good luck w/ yours :)

PS, many new KT shooters ,especially P3AT , seem to have FTE troubles. Most of these can be attributed to limp wristing. This has nothing to to w/ how big-a boy ya are or how macho. It has to do with locking your wrist. These light weight guns need a stable platform (a locked wrist ) to operate properly.

The only handgun I ever had trouble with was the Redhawk .44 mag. The stock handle would not work w/ my hand size and back in those days there wasn't much in after market options out there. Guess I need to try one again w/ the over-sized grips.
    Last edited by burley; 11-03-2007 at 02:42 PM.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    (George Washington)

http://www.helprebekah.com./

9. Those old ruger grips did not work in my hands either. The Keltec's do ok as long as I don't shoot to many hot rounds. Broken bones in the wrist or corpol tunnel don't help .A friend smashed his hand 5 years ago and still can't fire gloch 17 without cycle problems.

to kwo51

Yes, I've had it happen in both slow and rapid fire. Interesting in that my carry weapon is a K40, so same mechanics. Never, never have had any issue with mine.

11. I thought at first it was a mag problem, No problem when I fired.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast