hi point - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hi point

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Regardless of their looks (which are unattractive), I think that these are fantastic weapons. They are accurate, dependable, and cheap enough that even non-gun people can afford to drop a couple of bills and become legal gun owners. It takes considerably more motivation to spend $500-$1,000 on what is certainly a more attractive, but not necessarily more effective defense tool. Coming from a very poor family, I believe that poor citizens have the same right to defense that middle class (if there is one left) and the wealthy have.

Also, they are cheap enough that you could buy a few to stash in those Festus' SHTF emergency cache buckets! Can you imagine tens or hundreds of thousands of Hi-Point pistols and carbines buried all over the country? Seems reasonable to me!

I knew I needed more guns

3. Had a C9.....its garbage dont buy it. Save ur money and buy a XD, Glock, M&P.

wolfhunter Guest
    stog,
    I'll take 3 c9's over one Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Per the Service Rep. I spoke to: Run a patch or BoreSnake through it after ~500 rounds. After ~5000 rounds, do the full disassembly (drive out the roll pin) and give everything a good cleaning. Same routine for the pistols or the carbines.
    I thought your supposed to buy a new once you've fired 5k rounds thorugh it.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I thought your supposed to buy a new once you've fired 5k rounds thorugh it.

gf
    My 995 has ~7500 through it, the barrel still looks good, and all the hot lead goes to the same spot at 50 yards. I get a little sloppy at 115 yards, and only manage to put a five magazine (50 rd) string of fire in a 6-8 inch circle. Not bad for a $189 PCC.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    My 995 has ~7500 through it, the barrel still looks good, and all the hot lead goes to the same spot at 50 yards. I get a little sloppy at 115 yards, and only manage to put a five magazine (50 rd) string of fire in a 6-8 inch circle. Not bad for a $189 PCC.
    Hey man I was just kidding. I'm gonna pick one, maybe two up when I get back to SLC the end of this month. One of my buddies is a huge Hi-Point pistol fan. A few other friends swear by their carbines. I'm amazed that such an inexpensive gun shoots so well. They are difficult to disassemble though. Guess you can't have everything.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I just bought a 9MM and 380 but got delayed by NICS. obama musta put a notation in my file " mess this one up"
    never fails.every time they make me wait.
    when true patriots become labeled as enemies you can bury my corpse right beside lady libertys

wolfhunter Guest
    Crazy,
    While I like blaming 0bama, I think your history may be causing the delay.

GF,
    I know you were kidding. The HiPoints are hard to disassemble because they weren't designed to need cleaning after every other magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycathed View Post
    I just bought a 9MM and 380 but got delayed by NICS. obama musta put a notation in my file " mess this one up"
    never fails.every time they make me wait.
    Have you had trouble before, with NICS? The reason I ask, I'm told that generally once you run into a problem with NICS, it will usually keep on occuring. Even if you're eventually Ok'd to purchase the firearm.

I know, for me, every time a gun dealer does a NICS check for me, there's usually a momentary hesitation, but it does go through.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

I have a .40, and the firing pin broke also, but they replaced it quickly and for free.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast