hi point - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: hi point

I see a few guys have had broken firing pins. I would hate to need my pistol and the pin break in the middle of a fire fight.
    Good gun to shoot at cans. If you are getting a pistol for self protection or protection of your family then what is your life or your families life worth. 99.00 bucks?. Get the best that you can afford. Sure High Point stands behind there firearms and that is good. it still is not a fighting hand gun or rifle.

when I bought my first gun I asked an uncle what basis should I use to collect guns? by brand, specific caliber, historical significance etc? he said why not collect one of every caliber?I'm buying these for target practice. from what I'm reading they seem to be fairly reliable pistols that I can use to train for reaction time and shooting on the move. I plan on carrying a Rock Island 1911 and S&W .40.
    when true patriots become labeled as enemies you can bury my corpse right beside lady libertys

One more reason to like the price....

This is for households with NO CHILDREN.

I like the price on these because ou could buy several, and secrete them all over the house (one in the fridge, one velcro'd under the coffee table, one in the medicene cabinet, etc.). That way, no matter what room you are in, a BG would have a very hard time getting the drop on you.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Talking

one in the fridge?? "yo! let me make you a sammich. you must be hungry from all that robbing in the neighborhood"
    when true patriots become labeled as enemies you can bury my corpse right beside lady libertys

wolfhunter Guest
    I keep a ready gun in each of the rooms where I spend much time, and my EDC moves from room to room with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    This is for households with NO CHILDREN.

I like the price on these because ou could buy several, and secrete them all over the house (one in the fridge, one velcro'd under the coffee table, one in the medicene cabinet, etc.). That way, no matter what room you are in, a BG would have a very hard time getting the drop on you.

Nothing wrong with homes with children. I have a 4 year old and I've got hardware stashed all over the house. All of them are secured where ANY unauthorized person would have extreme difficulty gaining access to the firearms.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Arrow I know what you mean, BUT.......

If it is not under lock and key I don't think that it is out of the reach of a curious child. That said, the very BEST protection is education. If I remember correctly, Gf, you are an NRA certified instructor, so I am not too worried.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    If it is not under lock and key I don't think that it is out of the reach of a curious child. That said, the very BEST protection is education. If I remember correctly, Gf, you are an NRA certified instructor, so I am not too worried.

Boomboy:

All of the "stashed" firearms are under lock and key. Magazines are not inserted in the firearms, but in very close proximity. The way I figure, better to have firearms stashed around the house in this condition rather than having to make my way to a single location to retrieve a firearm. When I'm home, I'm carrying OC 90% of the time.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I have two sons, ages 9 and 11. They both know not to touch my firearms, without my permission. And they also know, ANYTIME they want to handle one, all they have to do is ask. That said, there is usually 1 firearm that is loaded in my home at any time. That is usually my carry/self-defense weapon.

When I first started letting them handle my pistols, they'd ask almost every day. As time has gone on, the frequency is down to less than once a week. It took a while, but the novelty has worn off, pretty much.
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 02-13-2009 at 12:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

11. the good thing is they are cheap and if they jam or break
    they are so heavy you can use them to beat the bad guys
    IF THEY COME TO GET YOUR GUNS,
    LET THEM HAVE THE BULLETS FIRST!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast