hi point - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: hi point

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    I don't know about Ohio. I like in Philadelphia and HiPoints are just plain unavailable. I suppose gun stores don't like selling them because of a low profit margin, or maybe because of the perception that an inventory of Hi Points will draw an undesirable crowd or straw purchasers that don't mind purchasing for the local criminal.
    They can easily be looked upon as the old ring of fire guns....Ravens,Jennings,Bryco,Lorcin,etc. No money in selling them, and a raft of trouble in the future relative to trace backs after criminal activity.
    Haven't heard that list of names for a long time.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Those are names from yesteryear and like the HiPoints these $80-$100 guns were maligned by the people that did not own them, but loved by the people that did. The Justice Department data regarding the common occurances that these guns were used in crime caused Mr. Jennings, the owner and manufacturer of all those brands, to be sued out of business. The guns were made in California and I believe they were sued by that pathetic state.

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Those are names from yesteryear and like the HiPoints these $80-$100 guns were maligned by the people that did not own them, but loved by the people that did. The Justice Department data regarding the common occurances that these guns were used in crime caused Mr. Jennings, the owner and manufacturer of all those brands, to be sued out of business. The guns were made in California and I believe they were sued by that pathetic state.
    I still see Jennings pistols for sale 2nd hand on the internet and in pawn shops. I did a class for a small group of elderly folks a month or so back and one of them was very tight on cash. He offered me a Jennings pistol in trade for his class tuition. I felt bad for the guy, so I cut him a break on the tuition and allowed him to keep his pistol. Not that I have anything against the pistol, just didn't look like something I'd like to shoot.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by infntrysuicdekng View Post
    the thing is those magazines are paid to do positve reviews, look what a highpoint is made of. the quality is in the material and quality control.
    still waiting on a link to your last post and would love to see some proof of this statement as well.

bottom l;ine poeple who dont have dont like them and people who do have enjoy them. and why is it beiong lowe price make it horrible. i for one encourage lower price so more people can defend themselves.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

i have tried to call hipoint, and they gave me the usual run around even though it was noon in ohio where they are based the people who know this info had suddenly left the office. I did an experiement i called sprinfield and glock both offered these statistics though low as they were. glock has had two fatal firearm malfunctions since its companies start both were generation one glock 17's. springfield has had none with its 1911's. and there xd's have had none, how come glock willing gave me this info over the phone but highpoint put me on hold for 30 min then told me they dont have that info. I agree if that is all you can afford to defend you home then that is all you have. But you could always go the surplus handgun route if you only have 150 dollars

7. +1 for Hi Point

I have had the C9 pistol and my son now has it. Shoots every time and hits where you point it. I have the 995 carbine in the closet as my SHTF gun (along with my RIA 1911 .45). The carbine is reliable and accurate for home defense without worrying that it will blow giant holes in the wall like a 12ga will. Highly reccomend the Hi Points.

BTW my first handgun in 1993 was a Jennings .380. My other son has that one and it still shoots great, no problems other than some HP ammo won't feed well. Stick to FMJ and everythings OK.

I have a Hi Point C9 and mine works quite well. Yes, it is big, ugly and as intimidating as Satan himself but then again . . .that's the way I like 'em. As far as trusting your life to one I have no problems there either. I don't figure that when someone breaks in they are gonna stop you and say "hey you ain't gonna shoot me with that are you? or Hey, I ain't really dead 'cause he just shot me with a Hi Point."
    Jeff
    NRA GOLDEN EAGLES / LIFE MEMBER
    "They can have my guns, one round at a time . . ."

Reliable? Yes.
    Accurate? Yes.
    Heavy? Yes.
    Cheap? Yes.
    Ugly? Hell yes. Those guns hit every limb when they fell out of the ugly tree.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456