Streamlight TLR-1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight TLR-1

1. Streamlight TLR-1

Does anyone have any complaints about this light? I was looking at a Surefire X300 which is a great light when I came across the TLR-1. Brightness seems to roughly equivalent and controls are just as ergonomic and easy to use. The TLR-1 is half the price.

3. Hi i have a tlr-2 and it's great.......

I also have the TLR2 and I think it's great. I mount it to a XDm-40 and sometimes to my AR15.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

TLR-2 owner here... currently mounted to my S&W 1911PD, bed gun has become it's role... amazing light, laser needs to be sighted in yet (my own laziness)... personally i love it, can put it on my smith, glock or ar15 very easily and quick... i do like that the surefire seems to have a little lower profile sizewise but i wouldn't trade my TLR for anything as of right now...
    Glock 19 | S&W 1911PD
    Rock River Arms Elite LAR-15

6. Thanks guys. I just bought a new generation C4 TLR-1 on eBay for $98 NIB. Not a bad deal. All of the stores around here and even the gun show vendors still only have the 80 lumen models for around $130.

laser needs to be sighted in yet
    You can sight it in without even firing a shot. Just adjust the laser so that the dot is hitting right where you're aiming when you acquire a good sight picture. That's how I do it when I switch it to a different firearm.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

haha i know this... hence the laziness crack... i will someday...

EDIT: by the way congrats on the TLR-1, let us know how you like it...
    Last edited by chrisko; 03-04-2009 at 04:56 AM.
    Glock 19 | S&W 1911PD
    Rock River Arms Elite LAR-15

Stupid question:

Will this mount on any handgun? Say SIG?

Sorry for the dumb question
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

10. Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Stupid question:

Will this mount on any handgun? Say SIG?

Sorry for the dumb question
    It will fit on any gun with a standard accessory rail.

11. I got a TLR-2, only used it at the range, seems really bright, I wouldn't want it shining in my face.

It fits both my G21sf which has Picatinny rail, and my G30 which has glock rail, but I have to change the supplied block that atteches to the unit. Not a quick change, so I just leave it for my 21.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast