Home 9mm Pistol For Wife?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home 9mm Pistol For Wife?

Home 9mm Pistol For Wife?

I am looking for a 9mm pistol for my wife to keep at home (this particular pistol will not be OC nor CC). I realize this is rather subjective and she needs to "try them on for size". But, I am looking for suggestions to help her get started.

Thanks!!!

Problem solved, get her a GLock 19.

I have a Glock 19 also. My favorite of all my guns is my HK however when you consider price, reliability, ease of operation etc. the Glock is a good choice. Go to a gun store that carries a lot of different kinds of hand guns or a gun show. Let her try racking the slide. No matter how good a firearm you have if she has a problem operating it it will do her no good.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

try a baby desert eagle. they are great pistols and the grip is very comfortable. my wife loves mine and she thinks she is going to make it her's:)
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Berreta 92FS or Taurus PT92. Heavy frame makes for very little recoil and the PT92 has 17+1 capacity.

My wife likes my Sig P239.

for a 9mm house gun i'd go with an XD M. 19+1 add a light and laser to that and youve got a great home defense 9mm.

I agree with NavyLT with regard to a "heavy" (i.e. steel frame) dedicated house gun. A compact, polymer frame weapon is (generally) going to have a higher recoil and more difficult return to target. Since she is not concerned with carrying the primary factors would be accuracy for the knock-down rather than short barrelled and lightweight. Of course, securing the weapon in a reasonably accessible place may factor into the size requirement.

Re: Baby Desert Eagle - I thought they were only available in .40, not 9mm.

Lately I have been considering the tactical carbines and shotguns instead of the traditional "house gun" form factor. More accuracy, up to 20 rounds and a form factor which makes light and red dot options a bit more realistic.
    Last edited by ecocks; 03-02-2009 at 07:27 PM.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

I guess I'll have to ring in and say that the S&W M&P 9 (full size or compact) are worth a look.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input. Now I just have to find some of these guns so she can try them on for size. That may prove a challenge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast