Every First time gun owners queston - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Every First time gun owners queston

I vote the XDm in your stated .40...HOWEVER, I would buy a Glock 23 100 times over before the XD. And to answer your question, no. I don't think H&K's are worth the extra $$ over either an XD or a Glock.
    Last edited by se7en; 03-03-2009 at 02:30 PM.
    ~David~

3. I like a firing pin over an exposed hammer. They look less sinister to someone who may see your gun. It sounds funny but it's true.

rswrg let me say this. When it is all said and done buy the very best gun that you can afford. What ever you decide on do so because you believe it is the best. I know financially we are all not in the same boat. I for one am a long way from being wealthy. However I have said it before and I will way it again that it floors me how many people will pay 1000-2000 or more on a t.v. or feel the need to drive the best most expensive car they can get but will not spend top dollar on something that they may have to call on to save their life or the life of a loved one. So my answer to the question is yes I think the Hk is with out a doubt worth the extra money. It is not the only good gun however. I feel Sig's are right up there pretty close also and the gun I carry for a back up to my HK is a Glock. What ever you choose don't let the price be the number one reason for choosing. Just my 2 cents worth.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I'm kinda partial to a good 1911. Nothing quiet like the feel of a good 1911 in your hand. I don't think you'd go wrong with any of the pistols you were looking at. I've actually been looking at adding a full size XDM 9mm or an S&W M&P to my collection.

Like others have said, I'd go with either a 9mm or .45 acp. I personally think the recoil of the .45 is more manageable then the .40. The .40 is a much high pressure round and tends to have a more snappy recoil with more muzzle raise. But that's just me.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase. And to be honest once you buy that first one you'll be hook and will own all three soon! lol lol
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Carry Gun???

If you have to dress around the gun you will find yourself leaving it at home.

I started by defining the purpose of the weapon I was trying to acquire.

PURPOSE:
    Self defense at spitting distance!

CRITERIA:
    The caliber would start with a "4". (.40 S&W or .45 ACP)
    Be able to hide it effiecively without wearing a loose outer garment or a jacket.

What I came up with.

KAHR - MK40 (.40 S&W) using a Blade-Tech (IWB) ultra concealment holster at 8:00 O'Clock set for the FBI cant(Yes, I am a died in the wool "LEFTY"). The little KAHR just disappears under only my tucked in shirt.

I would say go with the HK. I know when I bought my SIG P220 I went with it because of its reliability. Paying the extra few bucks may be worth it. Second runner up I would say would be the Dan Wesson, but thats just my opinion
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Thank you all for helping me make my decision a little easier.

I think I will end up purchasing the XDM .40, before the Pres locks away the hi cap for good. And as KimberPB stated
    And to be honest once you buy that first one you'll be hooked and will own all three soon!
    Your probably right, and Im already looking for ways around the wifes ever watchful eye over the checkbook. By this time next year I should have a few more.

Again, thank you for all the quick and helpful responses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12