50 g.i. ?

Thread: 50 g.i. ?

50 g.i. ?

has anyone ever heard of or had any experience with the 50 g.i. round. i did a search on it and found out the g.i. stands for guncrafters industries, and from what i gather they make conversion kits for 1911's and glocks to make the in to a 50 cal. just wondering if anybody had one thanks

I read a positive review on it in one of the major gun mags last year. I'll look for it tonight and post some more info. From what I recall, they really liked it and it was fairly expensive.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

wolfhunter Guest
    Guncrafter Industries BUILDS a 1911-based gun chambered in .50GI. They also make a .45 conversion for their gun, and have recently developed a Glock conversion.
    Guncrafter Industries
    Guncrafter Industries : 50GI Cartridge

ETA: I want one!

thanks there very expensive but theres just some thing about the thought of a 50 cal glock that brings a smile to my face

Here's a link to a bunch of magazine reviews on this pistol:

Guncrafter Industries : Press Coverage
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

I thought several times about buying one but the availability of ammo always stopped me. Even Starline quit making brass for reloading. One source is not a good thing!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787