Ambidextrous Weapon??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ambidextrous Weapon??

1. Question Ambidextrous Weapon??

Hello all, my wife and I are shopping for her first carry gun and need some advice. She's one of those annoying people who is primarily left handed, but will work with either. I have actually seen her writing different things with each hand at the same time!!!

Anyway, we are looking for a carry gun that she can use with either hand, or a lefty gun. We checked out the S&W compact .40, but we are looking to compare with others. Thanks for the help

wolfhunter Guest
    1911 with an Ambi Safety, manufacturer of your choice.

4. Glock 21SF is ambidextrous. It's a tad on the large side, about the same as a 1911. If you're considering something like large, take a look at one. Some of the smaller Glocks may be ambidextrous. I only know about the 21SF because I have one. Glocks have no manual safety or decocker, so an ambidextrous mag release is all that's needed.

Sig P250 is ambi (with swap of the Mag release lever, only need a paper clip to do it) and available in 4 calibers and subcompact to full size. I love my compact 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    1911 with an Ambi Safety, manufacturer of your choice.
    Ditto. My wife is a lefty as well and picked out a Sig Sauer 1911 C3.

7. Thanks for the suggestions!! Keep them comming. She picked up a Glock, racked the slide with the most authority I'd seen since we started shopping, and promptly said Yuk. No Glocks for her, unfortunately.
    I think a 1911 will be a bit large, but worth checking out. We'll definately check out Sig P250.

8. Does the 1911 have an ambi slide release?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Does the 1911 have an ambi slide release?

I carry a Kimber ultra CDP and it has and ambi thumb safety. I'm a righty but practice shooting lefty also and love the pistol.

As far as the slide release just teach her to sling shot the slide. I personally feel it's easier and quicker then trying to work the slide release.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

To my knowledge, most Berettas are ambi, as well.....
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

have her pick up a baby eagle. I love the grip on that and so does my wife. it is so comfortable. also the safety is ambidexstrous. comes in 9mm, .40, and .45 with full size, semi-compact and compact models. the gun looks very nice too.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast