One in the chamber? Or not!! - Page 12
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the chamber? Or not!!

Exclamation Yes Yes Yes

If you have to pull your gun single handed or weak handed, cocking a weapon against your belt or shoe is possable(also a good idea to practice, just in case) but is time consuming and dangorous. so It's a good idea to me just to keep it chambered. There again it's all pesonal preferance and this is only an opinion. ,Mike

:huh: Sorry forgot the spell check not my strong point.

One in the chamber

Good morning guys.
    I am new on this site. I have been a ccw for a couple of years and I carry a Glock 27. I carry one in the chamber and as every glock owner know there is no safety. If god forbid I ever have to pull my weapon I do not want to be trying to rack one while I am being aproched by a bad guy swining a knife. I perfer to be ready to fire at a moments notice.

5. Quote Originally Posted by IAMBATMAN View Post
    Good morning guys.
    I am new on this site. I have been a ccw for a couple of years and I carry a Glock 27. I carry one in the chamber and as every glock owner know there is no safety. If god forbid I ever have to pull my weapon I do not want to be trying to rack one while I am being aproched by a bad guy swining a knife. I perfer to be ready to fire at a moments notice.
    I tried explaing this to a buddy of mine that carry an XD .45ACP, he seems to think thak it only takes a second to rack the slide.

I told him but you have to unholseter, then get to the point where you can rack one in, all this why a BG is trying to get to you, this is why a carry, with one in the tube and saftey on.

I carry a Ruger P89, one in the chamber, hammer down, safety off. If I had a half-cock weapon such as a Glock or M&P, I might be a little more hesitant but I'm sure those weapons have been tested every way from Sunday to see if they can be made to go off from half-cock. A 1911 I would have no problem carrying cocked and locked for sure.

Chambered

If some you approching weelding a knife it takes 7 sec and 10 ft for you to get hit by the knife. If you are going to draw and pull the triger its going to be from the hip and you will not have time to rack one. I have studied martial atrs for a long time and I have done alot of trainning in take aways and let me tell if it is not chambered or fast enough to react your going to get hit.

I took a long time before i got comfortable carrying one in the chamber. Now its know big deal you just got to keep telling yourself the gun is always loaded!

Quote Originally Posted by IAMBATMAN View Post
    Good morning guys.
    Apparently you haven't done the first thing that you should do before using any new firearm. READ THE BOOK! If you read the book that came with your Glock (if you purchased a pre-owned firearm, I STRONGLY suggest that you contact Glock to get an instruction manual), you would know that Glock pistols have not one, not two, but THREE safety features. Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean that they're not there. :icon_wink: Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out the Glock website: http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm

The Glock pistol is very safe, and as with any handgun carried for personal protection, you should have a round chambered.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Chambered

Sorry guys. Sorry Glock fan I ment to say thumb seftey. I did buy the glock brand new and I forgot to mention the the safe fire actions on the Glock.

A wise man once told me that a gun without a round in the chamber is merely an ammo storage device.
    CalCCW03

"If some you approching weelding a knife it takes 7 sec and 10 ft for you to get hit by the knife."

I just read the article yesterday and can't recall the source, but it has been demonstrated that a healthy human adversary can cover a 21 foot distance in 1.5 seconds. You need to be able to draw, aim, and fire in 1.5 seconds or less. Not much time to fool around chambering a round.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast