One in the chamber? Or not!! - Page 16
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the chamber? Or not!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Well, if there's not a round in the chamber, then it just ain't loaded.
    I don't think there's any disagreement on that. What we're trying to debate is whether someone can be alright carrying without a round in the pipe.

3. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I don't think there's any disagreement on that. What we're trying to debate is whether someone can be alright carrying without a round in the pipe.

Sure, they could be ok, as long as the situation allows extra time to chamber a round. If the choice is between not carrying at all or carrying with an empty chamber, the choice is obvious. I would still recommend more training to get comfortable enough with a firearm to carry a round chambered. If someone is scared of carrying a round in the chamber, they should get a weapon that doesn't scare them.

4. One in the chamber? or not

Walk into a store with an armed robbery in progress, and decide if you want one in the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Walk into a store with an armed robbery in progress, and decide if you want one in the chamber.
    Welcome to USA Carry, Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    If I knew there was an armed robbery in progress, I'd find another store!

j/k I know what you're saying Pat. Welcome!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I carry one on the chamber while on my person.....but not at home when it is in or on the nightstand....I feel at home, I have time to rack one in if I have to.
    "Never advance cheerfully on your late opponent without reloading. You may have used your last round, and he may not be properly dead and still spiteful." Major Hugh Pollard

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrat View Post
    I carry one on the chamber while on my person.....but not at home when it is in or on the nightstand....I feel at home, I have time to rack one in if I have to.

Good idea. Worse case scenario if you're on the street is that you'll lose a round thinking you'll have to rack the slide.

Important thing is that watever way you carry, that you train and train frequently.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Thumbs up One in the chamber

I have one in the chamber of EVERY ONE of my handguns. I have one 9mm that is single action, so I would still have to cock the hammer to fire it, but then that is not what I carry all the time. It is usually a .357 or a DA/SA 9mm with the safety off so all I need to do is pull the trigger. As others have said, I am not concerned about either one going off accidentally because it does take a fair amount of pressure to pull the trigger back enough to fire one in DA mode.
    Dan Hill
    SFC, USA (Retired)
    Permanently & Totally Disabled Viet Nam veteran
    Life Member: DAV, NAUS, TREA, USDR, VVA, NRA, Mensa

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrat View Post
    Me too. I live in a one bedroom apartment (on the fourth floor), so it's small enough that no matter where I am, sleeping or awake, I'll hear if someone is trying to break in.

wolfhunter Guest
    One in the chamber of my gun, one in the chamber of my wife's gun, one in the chamber of my shotgun. I can't promise the dog won't bite, either.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast