One in the chamber? Or not!! - Page 18
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the chamber? Or not!!

I have carried my 1911 for 28 years cocked and locked with no problems. Now like was said I wouldn't stick my gun in my pants. It would be just asking to shoot my self. I wouldn't keep it in my pocket either. Good quality holster and I have a box of them. Most people do if they carry there weapon allot. The safety takes practice and more practice. If you don't want a safety go with a revolver.
    If I ever have to pull my pistol I want it to go bang not click.

Quote Originally Posted by gun runner View Post
    I have carried my 1911 for 28 years cocked and locked with no problems. Now like was said I wouldn't stick my gun in my pants. It would be just asking to shoot my self. I wouldn't keep it in my pocket either. Good quality holster and I have a box of them. Most people do if they carry there weapon allot. The safety takes practice and more practice. If you don't want a safety go with a revolver.
    If I ever have to pull my pistol I want it to go bang not click.
    That's how NFL player Plaxico Burress shot himself. I don't know why people don't realize that Mexican carry isn't safe.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

4. One in the chamber

When I was a location sergeant for a security company, I pulled an inspection on my men one day. One guy had a Ruger Security Six with an empty chamber under the hammer. When asked why, he gave me the old "It's for safety," bit. I informed him that many years had passed since Sam Colt's 1873 peacemaker would go off if the hammer was bumped with a round under it. He had a modern revolver that he could pound on the sidewalk until the hammer broke off and it would not fire. I told him that someday his life might depend on that sixth round, and to start carrying it. I know carry a Springfield Armory XD-45, and it is the model with no frame-mounted safety. When I draw, I have no worry about wiping off a safety. The XD has a grip safety like the 1911, and a trigger safety like the Glock, except the trigger is metal, not plastic. The XD has a loaded chamber indicator that is tactile as well a s visiual and a striker indicator that is also tactile and visual. It took very little training to be able to draw and fire quickly. I carry in a Blackhawk holster with an active retntion system that releases the weapon when I grip the weapon in a proper firing grip, but which should prevent someone taking it away from me. Fortunately, my wife is a former reserve officer, so my practicing drawing does not bother her. Thirteen in the magazine and one in the tube gives me a lot of confidence.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

I haven't read all the responses.....but yes add me to the list for 1 in the chamber

Right On man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Homer1 View Post
    The purpose of concealed carry is to have the element of
    surprise on your side.

Unless you see something is about to happen the BG has already has his weapon out and ready and you can not out draw a drawn weapon especially if you have to draw your weapon and chamber a round.

Your only hope would be to see an opening and draw your weapon, you may only have 1 to 2 seconds tops and that dose not allow you to draw and chamber without lead heading in your direction.
    Always be ready! ALWAYS!
    Last edited by JT; 12-13-2008 at 03:36 AM.
    Action Is Always Faster Than Reaction!!!

7. I carry hot all the time totally comfortable, guns only go off if you pull the trigger. No time to chamber if you have to.

8. Yes, Always one in the pipe. No safety. Pull trigger and... BANG.

ok..let me put it to you this way...when you are in contact with ANY gun, the first thing you should AUTOMATICALY expect is for it to be loaded. when you touch a gun it should be handled as if it were LOADED...so why not have it loaded. and as for the safty on or off...dont be stupid. they didnt put the safty on the gun just for the hell of it. they put it there for mishaps of droping it or the trigger being jared, or the much to ofter idiot who dosnt follow gun safty laws and fires it by mistake. keep the safty on until its ready to be used. if you are worried about it being " in the way " in the heat of the moment...then practice drawing it and switching it to hot...most guns are extreamly easy to do so.

oh and revolvers are a completly different story...there just not my style...dont get me wrong..i think that they are awsome hand guns and deadly accurate but they are just not for me

Quote Originally Posted by fivesevenusg View Post
    oh and revolvers are a completly different story...there just not my style...dont get me wrong..i think that they are awsome hand guns and deadly accurate but they are just not for me
    Not only that, but with them, unless the chamber directly under the hammer is empty, you're always carrying one in the chamber.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast