One in the chamber? Or not!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the chamber? Or not!!

Jc40

I personally always carry with one in the chamber,and safety off.Most personal defense situations happen in a matter of seconds and i figure trying to rack one into the chamber in that situation = me probably dead.Know your weapon intimately and practice.That will bring the confidence you need to feel secure carrying with one in the chamber.Besides,an unloaded gun is only good for a paper weight and you only have one chance to throw it at your attacker.:D

If one is uncomfortable carrying a particular gun fully loaded as it was designed to be, then it is unquestionably not the right arm for you. Try a revolver, perhaps. There are always alternatives which work properly for a preferred style of operation, but it is never worth compromising the proper intended operation of any design out of fear.

I carry my guns as they were designed to be carried.

1911 A1 .45 cocked and locked.

or

.357 snubby, fully loaded.

Tarzan
    1 Timothy 5:8

"But if any aprovide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

Full magazine and one in the pipe. Always have and I don't see why I'd change. My choice of carry happens to be DOA so no worry of having to fumble with a safety when the rubber meets the road.

Mine are all DBL action so absolutely.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

To me, there's no point in carrying if you have to rack the slide to defend yourself. I have a DA/SA, so I keep one in the pipe, safety "OFF", and hammer down. First shot will be DA, so I practice as such.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

chambered and lots of confidence to go with it..no doubts
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

9. I think it would be better to have a gun with none chambered than no gun at all.
    Last edited by kwo51; 11-07-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling error

Cocked and locked here.

I was a little nervous to carry chambered at first. After I took my class and was waiting for my permit I wore mine around the house empty chambered. Even with the safety off it never went click. I read up a lot on modern firearms and when my permit came in I felt confident it was safe to carry one in the pipe. Ever since my Kimberís been on my hip cocked, locked, and the mag topped off. I did do a lot of practice drawing and taking the safety off till it became habit.

Quote Originally Posted by sdf2000 View Post
    Thanks for all the answers. Do you ( all three of you) think that confidence carrying with one in the chamber and safety off comes with carrying for a while???
    I did not see that any of these individuals said carry with the safety off. As far as one in the chamber I would not want to be in a gun fight and have to rack one up to be ready. When I first started to carry my 1911 I would not have one in the chamber because I was just not confident enough. Now I carry cocked and locked. No other way to travel. My wheel gun an airweight .38 has all five in the cylinder but it is also a hammerless pistol and I believe it is perfectly safe..

The Iceman
    Shoot straight and be Safe

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast