One in the chamber? Or not!! - Page 20
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the chamber? Or not!!

At the check cashing store where I work, a police officer (a reserve, not a full-time, sworn officer) who is a regular customer there once told me that he does not have a round in the chamber because he does not want to be shot with his own gun.

I could have made numerous arguments against this, such as the bad guy who has his own gun likely already has a round chambered. Also, in the unlikely event someone does get his gun, won't the body armor he's wearing protect him? Finally, if you're taught proper weapon retention, then a gun grab by a BG should not even be an issue.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

always ready to fire always in a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by pap1105 View Post
    always ready to fire always in a holster.
    Welcome to USA Carry, pap. You'll fit in well here on USA Carry.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

One in the chamber, always!
    Vern
    Taurus45ACP.com
    I started out in life with nothing and I've managed to keep most of it.

Seconds saves lifes one we are talking about could be yours,of course you carry one in the chamber,most guns are made safe to carry one in the pipe ready to fire.if not the owners manuel will tell u then the gun isnt worth having.you get what you pay for.seconds saves lifes.....

no point in having a ccw and not loaded w/one in the pipe that's just asking 4 trouble

I'm a COP, LEO firearms instructor and teach most of the CCW classes in this neck of the woods. I get asked the empty chamber or not question in about every class of civilians. Trust me, the concealed handgun, carried with an empty chamber is about worthless. We teach draw, move and shoot as a single movement. It's bad enough to get that down pat when the SNS kicks in, let alone having to rack the slide to bring the gun up to where it should have been in the first place. Good holster & FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER during the draw stroke should eliminate any concerns. Regular dry fire practice will ensure that all should be well.

My Kahr CW9 is so tight that the maker doesn't recommend slingshot loading, instead using the slide release to load the first round. That requires one in the pipe.

Definately one in cocked and locked. Would you keep your car without gas in it? what if you need to get to the E.R. real quick get in your car do you have time to stop and put gas in it? same with carry will you have time to chamber a round when you really need it?

Jordie

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast