One in the chamber? Or not!! - Page 22
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the chamber? Or not!!

One in Chamber

Always. A situation could arise and you need to be ready. Milliseconds count. Sure, confidence with your weapon is a must.....however, overconfidence leads to accidents. Cautiously confident is a good mindset. Always keep your finger out of the triggerguard when holstering and un-holstering, keep weapon pointed in safe direction and you should be all set.

One in the chamber definitely or else leave it home. I can't remember but I was told that a person can attack you within 15 feet in less than 1.5 seconds. That's an eternity if you have to draw and chamber a round. There's even a youtube video shown at about 21 feet using some type of dummy pully system with a person drawing and firing. Check this youtube video out. YouTube - High Speed Amatuer Pistol Shooting - Sig Sauer p220 .45 ACP

By the way my Sig is a DA/SA no safety, but a 1911 SA, I would keep that damn safety on, those guns are hot to the touch.

Wow,this thread is active?
    I carry one in the chamber.I guess it's a matter of how comfortable you are with that,but that's how i do it.The Taurus PT24/7Pro has a thumb safety so I keep one in the pipe,safety on.It would tale probable 1/4 of a second to flip the safety off.By the time I had it up and pointed,it would be ready.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    One in the chamber definitely or else leave it home. I can't remember but I was told that a person can attack you within 15 feet in less than 1.5 seconds. That's an eternity if you have to draw and chamber a round. There's even a youtube video shown at about 21 feet using some type of dummy pully system with a person drawing and firing. Check this youtube video out.

By the way my Sig is a DA/SA no safety, but a 1911 SA, I would keep that damn safety on, those guns are hot to the touch.
    Only if they've had a trigger job. AND, only if the grip safety has been disconnected.

IF you've had proper training on combat shooting, on how to properly draw your pistol, and WHEN to put your finger on the trigger, then the manual safety on the 1911 is just extra weight. And I think JMB would even say that, as his original design did not have a manual safety until the US Cavalry objected.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

This whole thread brings to mind an old story about the famous Texas Ranger Charlie Miller. Texas Ranger Charlie Miller was minding his own business when a concerned citizen came up to him, noted the hammer cocked back on the big 1911 dangling from the Ranger's belt, and asked, "Isn't that dangerous?" Charlie replied, "I wouldn't carry the son-of-a-***** if it wasn't dangerous." I think that it speaks volumes for having one in the chamber. Enough said!
    MOLON LABE

One in the Pipe

Carrying with one in the pipe is the only way to go. The second needed to jack one in could mean your lfe if you have to draw it. Most semi-autos have a safety that is at the thumb's easy reach. Don't waste time. Be ready.
    Last edited by skipb7564; 02-12-2009 at 10:20 AM.

My advice is if you have to ask one in the chamber or not? than the answer is 'not' because you are not confident in your ability to handle this weapon safley. So go to the range and become one with your partner. know what it will and willnot do. remember knowledge replaces fear. and practis builds confidence.

that's a glock in your signature pic? How does one put the safety ON with a round in the chamber on that gun? I've carried Glocks for years and autos for decades, I've yet to shoot myself...........just lucky I guess. P.S. my everywhere(to include beach) gun is a tiny KelTec .32 w/one up the pipe!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunruner View Post
    that's a glock in your signature pic? How does one put the safety ON with a round in the chamber on that gun? I've carried Glocks for years and autos for decades, I've yet to shoot myself...........just lucky I guess. P.S. my everywhere(to include beach) gun is a tiny KelTec .32 w/one up the pipe!
    It might help if we knew WHO you were referring to.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by sdf2000 View Post
    I seem to me that their is + and - no matter what you do. So let me have it, what is best????
    I carry an XD .45 no manual safety to slow me down when nano seconds count. One in the chamber. No down side. To not have one in the chamber is a death wish IMO. To not carry with one in the chamber is worst than having a gun because you are under the delusion that you are armed. In most SD scenarios you will be dead long before you can chamber a round.
    Those who would, deny, require permit, qualification, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast