One in the chamber? Or not!! - Page 24
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the chamber? Or not!!

Manual Saftey

Completely agree that a carry weapon should always have the chamber loaded. Carried a DAO for a while but never was comfortable with the idea of no saftey except for the trigger pull. Thought of how many times a year I was holstering the weapon, hundreds of times, and all it would take is a piece of my shirt, jacket or other, to get in the trigger guard. Went to a M&P40c with thumb saftey. Seems so natural to swipe the saftey off while raising the weapon. Murphys law happens to even the best of us. My 2 cents worth.

thedoc96 Guest

Thanks!!!

Al!! Now that I know that I will feel more comfortable with carrying correctly. My only concern is cops giving me a hard time. I dont think that carrying a copy of the IC with me to show to an overzealous officer would go over very well. For some reason they are telling police officers this crap in the academy!!! So in this case word of mouth trumps the letter of the law and because they are police they can pretty much do what they want on the streets. Any further advice on how to handle the misinformed officer before he hauls me off to jail?

Quote Originally Posted by thedoc96 View Post
    Al!! Now that I know that I will feel more comfortable with carrying correctly. My only concern is cops giving me a hard time. I dont think that carrying a copy of the IC with me to show to an overzealous officer would go over very well. For some reason they are telling police officers this crap in the academy!!! So in this case word of mouth trumps the letter of the law and because they are police they can pretty much do what they want on the streets. Any further advice on how to handle the misinformed officer before he hauls me off to jail?
    Ask him the chapter and section of the law where it says you can't carry one in the chamber. But whatever you, be polite. ;)

Also, make sure you have one of those digital voice recorders with you. Most will easily fit in a shirt pocket, and are not very expensive. You might also beat most of them to the draw and contact the chief of police of your town, and inform him what you were told. It may not help, but in this situation, it can't really hurt.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

I carry with one in the chamber with my XD sub. Feel pretty safe with it that way and have no worries about negligent discharges.

Yes, one in the chamber. The safety is my finger.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Well do you carry one less round in wheel gun? If you are going someplace that you might need a gun stay home. Be aware of your surroundings and know your gun is not loaded.
    I'm confused...Are you suggesting that everybody should stay home at all times? Because you cannot gauge where and when you will need a gun. Only the POS crimminal knows that, and they don't advertise it. So, since you cannot know where or when you will need to defend yourself...you should just stay home so you won't have to carry a loaded gun? PLEASE tell me that I have misunderstood your post.

I always carry. I am still here to post these comments BECAUSE I always carry. Three men tried to mug me in front of Yale University. They were unsucessful BECAUSE I always carry.

As far as the carry condition of my firearm...Fully loaded with one in the pipe...double action...my finger is my safety.

Skydancer

8. Thumbs up one in the chamber

seems to me that a gun that it not chambered is about as good as a 32 ounce rock, most modern semi-autos have multiple safety mechanisms, transfer bar, decocker, manual safety, etc. DA/SA pistols with decockers and transfer bars are as safe as you can get unless of course you don't have one in the chamber. But on the flip side remember that a well thrown rock will also disable a big man. Just my opinion thanks for listen en.

9. Definitely one in the chamber.

10. Cocked and locked, still have all my toes.

25 miles north of Idaho Falls,Idaho.1/2 mile fron the south fork of the Snake River.GODS country
    If I pull out my weapon its to use and an empty chamber will cost dearly when things go bad.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast