One in the chamber? Or not!! - Page 33
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the chamber? Or not!!

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    With the revolver it's never an issue, always 6 in the chamber. With the auto, One in the chamber is the only way. I added the 10-8 Performance rear site to the M&P 45. The 10-8 has a J shape on the barrel side of the site which will allow you with one hand, to rack the slide on your belt, jean or coat pocket, or if need be the bad guy's belt, jean pocket, or perhaps his face or lower jaw bone The demo at my local dealer (the guy is a state cop and does tactical training as well) sold me. I was able to rack the slide with one hand on the side of my jeans by hooking the rear site!! Just in case I have a misfire

It's a viable drill. You never know when one of your extremities will be disabled in an armed confrontation. When I was an L/E Instructor, I used to partner them up, and have them take turns cuffing the non shooting hand behind their back and attach it to their belt. I would then have them shoot the qualification course with one hand cuffed behind their backs. including the reloads. We would also set up double feed and stove pipe malfunctions and have them clear the jam and get the gun going again. Not as easy as it looks. The hard part came, when I would have them cuff the strong hand (or right hand for you normal people) and do some drills left handed. I strongly suggest that when you practice these drills, you get some dummy rounds and use them. Live rounds are dangerous as the pistol will not be pointed down range and the possibility of shooting yourself or someone else in the leg, gut, ass, whatever, increases about 100%.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    It's a viable drill. You never know when
    I strongly suggest that when you practice these drills, you get some dummy rounds and use them.
    Live rounds are dangerous as the pistol will not be pointed down range and the possibility of shooting yourself or someone else in the leg, gut, ass, whatever, increases about 100%.
    I was looking at his carry piece for another reason and I noted the simple site and asked about it. He grabbed some snap caps and went into the demo. Then allowed me to try it with his weapon a S&W 1911 type which I don't have so there was no level of comfort for me clearing a jam in that type of weapon. I was able to clear the misfire 3 times with the sight on the side of my pants. I handed him his weapon back and had the first 3 words out of my mouth…
    "Do you have..." He was pulling one off the wall for my M&P .45 and was tossing it to me...Now that's what I call customer service...

I agree with using dummy ammo/snap caps for the warm up... Good chance of putting one through the floor or worse your leg/foot...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

4. Always one in the chamber is my policy.

5. yep - it's gonna happen fast

every gun we own is fully loaded and ready to fire - those I carry, those hidden around our house. My wife and kids know how to ...but I don't want them having to try to "think" about what to do in a panic situation....just get to it, point and shoot it. (we have a lot of DAO snubs for this reason)

1911 compact .45, one in the pipe, cock and locked!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    This is awesome! :)
    Ranger Miller also taped his grip safety down so it wouldn't slow him down. NOT a good idea in today's "sue happy" society. But, it worked for him!

When I was new to guns, even after having taken my CCW, I was still scared of one in the chamber and who isn't? But my fear is not because of accident -- my fear was for my husband's life if he ever argues with me and I was carrying. I wasn't sure how I would react nor how my temper can take it so ... I used to put a snap cap on the chamber just in case. I carry everyday...after a few weeks I knew I couldn't kill him just because I have a gun and just because of some petty excuse like arguing with him...I have been carrying chambered since I got to know my gun and myself...I think the latter is more important in one's decision.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    ... when I was new to guns, even after having taken my CCW, I was still scared for my husband's life if he ever argues with me.
    You can't shoot your husband! Didn't I read in one of your posts that he's the one who bought the gun and selected the ammo for you?! He sounds like a really great guy... surely he never does anything that would cause you grief! :) LOL!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

10. as in all the threads note a key "Training" .

Kimber Ultra CDP II in the chamber, cocked and locked.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast