I need some help - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need some help

wolfhunter Guest
    PRMD = People's Republic of Maryland
    PRIL = People's Republic of Illinois
    PRHI = People's Republic of Hawaii

3. thats funny stuff right there... and oh so true.

I say go with the P250, I love mine. Very versatile pistol, with 3 different grip sizes( full, compact , sub compact) in 3 different widths and 4 different calibers. All with the same trigger pull and operation, and ambidextrous. What's not to like. And a Sig for 650 is a steal. JMHO.

SEMPER FI

I need some help

Be sure to feel and if possible fire each gun you are thinking of using for your personal protection.

I own both the Bersa Thunder 380 and the Bersa Firestorm 9mm. Love both of them. Never had a problem with either one while on the range. Both work well for concealment due to size and weight.

Good luck.

If you're looking into ammo:

Quote Originally Posted by RioJG View Post
    I tried Gold Dot, Glaser Safety and Federal Premium Hydra-Shok hollow points and the Federal Premium is what I ended up sticking with. I liked the concept of the Glaser rounds but no one in my town carries them and I'm not a huge fan of internet ordering every single batch of ammo so I stuck with the Federal Premium. I was very happy to find that their Hydra-Shok comes in regular and low-recoil in several calibers.
    I also just double checked and 9mm Federal Premium Hydra-Shok hollow points come in a 124 grain low recoil.
    "Someday someone may kill me with my own gun, but they'll have to beat me to death with it because it'll be empty." - Unknown

I LOVE my Sig P250. By far the best handgun I own. Also, quite versatile.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I LOVE my Sig P250. By far the best handgun I own. Also, quite versatile.
    DrDavidM it is good to here from you. How have you been?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

anybody like the H&K's...if your gonna spend sig money I'd say H&K are a very nice alternative in that price range..definately not knocking the sigs though...very fine weapons

Based on most of the guns you're considering, to some extent, its a bit like choosing between a Mercedes and a Mercedes (given your constraints). Since you are concerned about your small wife handling the weapon, let me throw out another possibility - the FNP-9. If you look over on the thread about "Recoil Spring Strength" you can see what I went through (also small wife). I got her a new FNP-9 last week and we both love it. At the end of the day, you and your wife have to be happy with your choice, so it is up to you - choose wisely unless you have lots of $$ in which case you can buy until you are happy.

Have your tried a 9mm Beretta PX4 Storm yet. I trust my life to mine. It shot great out of the box. I have no problems with the recoil in one handed (strong or weak side) drills and even my 11 year old daughter can fire it; a very limp wrist forgiving weapon. It holds 17 in the magazine or you can adjust it out to 20 with an attachment. The weapon is light and doesn't give me that heavy feeling after a few hours on my feet. I mostly feed it MagTech ball for practice and Winchester 115 JHP for carry but have feed it other types and only had 3 stove pipes in about a 1,000 rounds. The first time was during the first 100 rounds. The second was my daughters first time firing which prior to this she has only fired a U22 Neos. The third time was a drill when I failed to seat the magazine properly. As I mentioned already, I trust my life with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast