having trouble making a decision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: having trouble making a decision

having trouble making a decision

i'm stuck on a decision on whether or not to buy a smaller carry gun. i currently carry a ruger p95 and a sig p228. but with summer approaching, looking to get into something easier to carry.

i'm looking to buy either a kel tec pf-9

or

a taurus pt 145

i don't really need another, but would love to add another to my collection. especially a smaller and lighter for carry.

any thoughts? i'm not just stuck on these 2 models, but they are definitely my top 2 picks as of right now

I'm a fan of the Kahr PM40. Nice small size and surprisingly accurate.

I have Kel-Tec PF9 and it's comparable to my Kahr PM9 that I carry all year long. If I didn't;t have my Kahr I'd be carrying it all the time.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by jonsthaman View Post
    ...i don't really need another, but would love to add another...
    That's all you need to justify it, so go ahead and get yourself a new pistol!

I also have a PF-9 and consider it an excellent choice in a small handgun. I believe you will find a small pistol which fires an adequate round is a prudent addition to your carry choices.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Go for the Springfield Armory EMP 1911 in 9mm or .40 Smith. You'll never regret that purchase.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

so many guns...........so many choices...........

there's a gun show this weekend at gibraltar trade center in taylor. i'm gonna check out some new stuff

any other opinions out there that's a little cheaper than the kahr?

sig has a new 1911 like the colt mustang in 380 i think its called p238. might be worth taking a look
    We would be better off with BORAT as PRESIDENT!!!!

I'd recommend the Kahr CW-9. It runs just under $400 and it functions reliably and is accurate. I also agree that you would never regret the purchase of a Springfield EMP. It has a very high drool factor.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

i'm gonna check out that kahr. thanks

found the kahr cw9 for 400. still looking at the taurus pt 145 for 369.

not sure whether or not to go with the 9 or the 45.

i currently do not have a 45 in my collection.

too many options

anybody out there think the 45 would make a better carry?????????

the taurus weighs 23oz. the kahr weighs 13 oz. dry.

??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast