Taurus Brand - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus Brand

To quote another member from another thread a few weeks back...."I would never trust my personal safety to a Taurus".

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Taurus revolver but my (and others I know) experience over the years with their autos has been something less than wonderful. Sure, every manufacturer puts out a lemon once in a while and any gun will perform like crap if not maintained properly, but I've heard too many stories and had too many personal experiences where Taurus autos have performed under par. To those who love their Tauruses (Tauri?), good for you. Enjoy. I'll say no thanks.

im carrying a pt1911 so its been 100% day 1 over 1000 rounds and never a hiccup

lets be honest those of us who have them love em and use em most people who say they arent all that great are those gun snobs that beleive if you dont pay 1k for a gun its cheap junk. my taurus will put as many holes in an attacker as your thousand dollar gun and ill still be carring the extra cassh i saved in my pocket!!!
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

I spent the extra cash on more ammo and another gun!

6. don't be too quick to call people stupid

the reason Taurus has a negative rep is they have made crappy guns. the fact you haven't had any, nor i, doesn't mean they haven't done so. That said, i have 3 and they have never FTF, FTL, or FTE. (one is a revolver so never mind that).

Whatever. Their lifetime guarantee is nice, but feedback is that it takes a lifetime to get a gun back once sent in. Go to Taurusarmed.net to see more real life stories.

Bottom line - they are pricepointed for people on a budget. You get what you pay for, sometimes a lot more, sometimes just that. i wouldn't hesitate to buy another (just got the 845) but i have no illusions that it is a DWesson custom.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants ... for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    lets be honest those of us who have them love em and use em most people who say they arent all that great are those gun snobs that beleive if you dont pay 1k for a gun its cheap junk. my taurus will put as many holes in an attacker as your thousand dollar gun and ill still be carring the extra cassh i saved in my pocket!!!
    I buy thousand dollar guns and STILL have cash in my pocket.

My primary carry gun is a $300 Ruger. Love it. I don't love Tauruses. It has absolutely nothing to do with the price.

Went shooting this morning with 2 friends. Between us we had 7 pistols - 2 HKs, 2 Rugers, 2 Glocks and a Taurus. Take a guess at which was the only one to fail, not once but twice..............time's up! If you guessed the Taurus you're correct.

You can have your Tauruses. I'll stick with my hoity-toity $1000 snob-pistols (and the Glocks and the Rugers) that always seem to work when you squeeze the trigger.

This man is one of the great reviewers of all time. I have used his reviews in the past for pistols I purchased, and he has never steered me wrong yet. Taurus handgun review center And just because you see Taurus in the title don't let it stop you from reading the other reviews of other handguns: Handgun reviews and comparisons He doesn't pull any punches and I like that!

UN-believable. That critic raved over Taurus but bashed my beloved Springfield XD?! I must say, I wasn't expecting that. I haven't heard complaints of XD's like he experienced...wow. And he's sure got a hard-on for Glocks, doesn't he? Anyway, "experienced" critic or not, he's still one person with one opinion. We could look up and post countless other experienced critics and still get very differing reviews. Sorry, but regardless of what he had to say, I still love my XD and until it starts behaving in ways that it shouldn't, I'll continue to. But it sounds like he's had the same experiences with Taurus that I have - flawless function. ...at least in the newer generations of their guns.
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

I read the article about the XD, and he said they were older models. How old he didn't say. I personally like the Springfield XD and like shooting it. Like you said everybody has an opinion and in this case I have to disagree with him at least with the new XD's I have shot I love them!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast