Taurus Brand - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus Brand

It's the PT1911 in black. It's the one currently featured in a lot of their ads where they show all the extra features that come standard.

It's definitely one of the "I love this gun" pistols. I really like the Kimber 1911's, and I could afford one, but I can't justify it in my head when the Taurus functions and shoots so well.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Pt1911

I have the PT1911 .45 ACP and it is the sweetest shooting handgun I have. I love it!

4. I just got in from the rain shooting my Taurus, works will in the rain.............

I have had a Taurus 99 for over 20 years and it shoots great. I have used it at Front Sight a couple of times and never have had a problem with it. I wouldn't bother me a bit to own another Taurus.

Taurus Quality

Daugherty- I am inclined to agree with you. Was visiting daughter in Mass. and stopped by gun shop there. He told me if he was allowed by the state to sell Taurus he would have sold 35 Judges in last 2 mos.
    As far as a 1911...I don't own one , yet. Although expensive I would be looking at what I think what is the best out there. Kimber,Springfield Amory or Sig. Since I do not have one I am interested in what others advise. I do have a Glock 17 and just got an HK USP compact in .40 S&W. The first shot out of the HK I said to myself " This was worth it!"
    Just on the basis of the way they wrote their users manual I think I would have bought the HK.
    As far as the Taurus Judge. It is a fun gun to shoot and the wife did very well with it. So, I hope you are correct and not a major problem. Will post the results here.
    Again thanks to everyone here. Great site and informative!

I own several Taurus firearms. They're fine. My first Taurus is a six round 66 that's still going. I bought that back in 1990. The only semi-auto Tauruses I like are the Beretta 92/96 clones with the slide that does not expose the barrel; (PT-908, PT-911, PT-940 and PT-945).

My favorite revolver is the Taurus 651 which is their clone of the S&W Bodyguard.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

the general opinion in my gun shot by all of the sales associates is that they make very nice revolvers but the autos are pretty shitty. i personally know of a friend of mine who bought one and the first time he took it to the range it broke, 3 shots in and he had to send it out. the guys at the store were not surprised at all. I.MO for around 400 you can find a glock that will be more than reliable to you than any taurus ever would

Got my Taurus Judge back from mfr. today. Haven't shot it yet. They said problem found. Cylinder adjustment was listed as what was serviced. Guess it was the timing. Love this gun. Alot of fun. I do like their revolvers but would personally go to others for semi's.

I have a PT-145. It's a good gun and worth the $400 that I paid for it. Shoots great, fit and finish are good and completely reliable. I carry it on a daily basis.

If I could, I'd carry my 92 everywhere, but it's just not practical. I've never tried the Taurus version of it.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

11. Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Got my Taurus Judge back from mfr. today. Haven't shot it yet. They said problem found. Cylinder adjustment was listed as what was serviced. Guess it was the timing. Love this gun. Alot of fun. I do like their revolvers but would personally go to others for semi's.
    I own 3 of their semi's sold my beretta to get my current 24/7, Id much rather shoot the 24/7

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast