Taurus Brand - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus Brand

I've had a PT-99 since 1987. Super. Never a problem. Also have a PT111 Millenium in 9mm and a 85CH, both for CCW, and both perform without any problems. I use the PT-22 just for fun. This past month I got a 605 snub since the wife wants the 85CH. Hopefully I'll get to the range this weekend and try out the 605.

I have a PT 111 Pro and have not had any problems. Seems like a good gun, accurate, well made, good price etc.
    Jeff
    NRA GOLDEN EAGLES / LIFE MEMBER
    "They can have my guns, one round at a time . . ."

I have a Taurus Milinium Pro 9mm and it is my primary carry in the non-summer months. Just got back from the farm this weekend were I put 500 rounds through it. My son-in-law said he would not want to be a BG shooting from 25 yards at me. I think it is a great gun.

I have owned a few Taurus firearms over the years. My first was a .38 revolver, blued with a 4' barrel. Excellent firearm! My second was a 92 "Beretta clone", also an outstanding firearm! The last Taurus I bought was a PT111 Millenium 9mm. I bought it for CCW. I did not like it at all. I had at least one FTF on every trip to the range. I sold it and bought another Glock. In hind site I guess I could have contacted Taurus and had them fix the problem. Oh well... Anyway, my opinion is;

Taurus Revolvers - I would buy one!

Taurus Semi-Auto's - Not so much...

There are a couple of exceptions to this rule; The PT92's or (Beretta clones) are excellent pistols. I can vouch from experience. Also, I have heard very positive things about their PT1911 (1911 clones) as well.

I have had my share with Taurus, and will never deal with them again. To make a long story very short, their customer reps LIED to me on three separate occasions, and never fixed my pistol which was brand new. As far as their revolver line, I hear about them going "out of time" frequently, actually. I have nothing good to say about them from my own and reading other's experiences. I did recently get to shoot a friend's Judge and PT1911 and also was not impressed. The 1911 is a little "clunky" looking / feeling to me, they made some parts like the safety and such too thick. The finish is horrible on both guns also, and no, the PT1911 did not shoot "just as good as a Kimber"... It shot on par with every Taurus I have ever shot (quite a few), which was combat accurate. No better, no worse. For a 1911 with "all the bells and whistles" it needs to make more than 3" groups at 15 yards!!

If you want a cheap gun to defend yourself with, there are plenty of other avenues to explore which do NOT have the spotty reputation that Taurus has! Taurus products are hit or miss at best, why take that chance??
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

I have had a few Taurus revolvers, only have one now....but they have worked just fine. I carry my 85UL quite a lot. The only thing I had to do was change the stocks on it....the factory stocks would not allow for speedloader fit...I put on some Hogue Monogrips, and all was well.
    "Never advance cheerfully on your late opponent without reloading. You may have used your last round, and he may not be properly dead and still spiteful." Major Hugh Pollard

so far im 2 for 2 with taurus.
    I bought a model 85, great gun, i also bout a pt 140 pro, very reliable. now for the crappy ones. a model 651 .357 revolver, and a 44 magnum tracker. They had the same issue, they would lock up when i was firing them then i was left with a hi tech club.

Taurus

Quote Originally Posted by shingman2 View Post
    I noticed that Taurus is comming out with the new slim line later this year. My question is what do you think of the Taurus brand? I know that the prices are not as high as some of the other brands on some products but over all what do you think of Taurus? Does,{ You get what you pay for apply to this brand?**
    I have a Taurus Mil Pro 9MM and love it. I have had no problems with it and find it to be a great gun for the price. It is my primary gun for not summer carry. My son-in-law and I were trying to buy the new slim line gun but have not found anyone that can keep them in stock long enough to get there to buy it. Hope you find one in stock. Good Luck

10. I have a PT99 that I bought back in the mid 80's and it has gone camping trip to camping trip over the years. Although I am ashamed to admit it, it wasnt even cleaned for years and same ammo in mag. I took to to the range, dirty,old ammo and it shot like I just took it out of the box 20+ years ago. So I bought new mags,ammo and gave it a good cleaning and now it looks like new again. I was also looking into the 1911 model. Wife carries a ultralite M85 and that a nice piece also.

I have "Two" 24/7 Pro Compacts (45acp and 40 S&W); I like them both. They are everyday carry's for the wife and I.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast