Taurus Brand - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus Brand

Yesterday we went gun shopping and hubby came home with a new PT1911. Only put about 25 rounds through it since we shoot outside and it was raining however it was quite accurate right out of the box and very smooth to shoot. Only reason I didn't go with the Taurus 1911 myself is they only make a full size one and I wanted a 3-4" barrel for ccw. Jerry is tall and slender so he can ccw the 5". We are very happy with the PT1911 - got the black with rosewood grips and not only is it a shooter its good looking too ;)

Last year when my wife and I decided to get our CCW permits, and new weapons, we had 22s for years, but they are not a defense weapon, they are for shooting targets, after some buying selling and trading we have several handguns but what we shoot the most is two Taurus 709 9mms, at the present time we prob have over 3000rds thru the two guns without so much as a hiccup out of ether of them, she also carrys a PT-738 380 on her ankle, have had maybe 400 rds thru it same result, no problems, I do not doubt that some guns no matter who the manufacter, from time to time there is going to have a lemmon come off the assy line, now I will say that Taurus cust service REALLY, REALLY SUCKS, but have no complaint with the weapons

I used to have a model 44 taurus .44 magnum with the 8 inch ported barrel. I could shoot inch and a half groups in single action mode at 25 yards. Loved the gun but definately not a ccw gun. Never had a problem with it and could easily shoot it one handed even with +p ammo...I'm only 5'7" and 140 pounds so that says alot for the magna ported barrels on the model 44. I currently carry a s.a. 1911a1 in .45 acp best pistol I have ever owned but the Taurus model 44 would be number one FUN GUN.

We have 2 of the PT-709slim-Taurus its a great weapon! We've had them a while now & not had any issues with it at all! I care one of them has my main carry.
    I also have the PT-738 Taurus its also a great weapon! Once again we've had no Issues.
    Both guns have had so many rounds though them I've lost count,they've been broke down,cleaned & refired! Still we have no issues!
    The PT-709 I carry in a Belly Band at 6 O'clock. The smaller one I carry in a Ankle Band!
    What I like also is they aren't huge weapons nor overly heavy to carry. Plus has to recoil, I'm 4'9" 110 lbs! Small hands I can pop off the whole mag. with out missing a beat! And yes I hit either in the Bullseye or just in the frist ring out side it! The sites on ours are dead on!
    I really enjoy these weapons and feel comfortable with them has my carry weapns!

Taurus Weapons

I own a PT-111 9MM, as well as a a 357 Magnum revolver. These are awesome weapons. I would put either of them up against just about any other weapon out there. I carry the 9MM everywhere.
    I do not know what else you could ask of a weapon besides: accuracy & dependability/reliability and these weapons provide that. I shot quite a few different brands when I was shopping for the 9MM and this one felt "right."
    I saw a video where one of their semi-autos was placed in a deep-fryer and cooked for 15 mins and it worked just fine when removed!! Tasted terrible

My wife had to have the pink Taurus Millenium 9mm sold by Gander Mountain. The trigger is the worse I have ever seen. D- the rest of the pistol is satisfactory at best. C- Compared to a Glock, or H&K, this is a rather inferior firearm. It does go boom when you pull, and pull, and pull the trigger. Acuccuracy is good. once you get used to the trigger.B Great paperweight. IMO. I wouldn't trust my life to one.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    My wife had to have the pink Taurus Millenium 9mm sold by Gander Mountain. The trigger is the worse I have ever seen. D- the rest of the pistol is satisfactory at best. C- Compared to a Glock, or H&K, this is a rather inferior firearm. It does go boom when you pull, and pull, and pull the trigger. Acuccuracy is good. once you get used to the trigger.B Great paperweight. IMO. I wouldn't trust my life to one.
    My father was a LEO and had a Taurus M 85 snubby for back up. He trusted his life to it because it would go boom every time he pulled the trigger and it was accurate. It doesn't get much better than that IMHO. My wife carries a M 85 Ultra-Lite .38 spl. and I have the M 65 Service revolver in .357 magnum. I also have a S&W M 60 .357, all three of these guns are equal in their performance regardless of manufacturer, and the M 65 is one of the strongest, tightest, most accurate and well balanced service revolvers I've had the pleasure of shooting. I've never owned or fired a Taurus auto so I can't comment on one, however, I've never owned a Taurus revolver that I would not recommend or not trust my life to.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    My father was a LEO and had a Taurus M 85 snubby for back up. He trusted his life to it because it would go boom every time he pulled the trigger and it was accurate. It doesn't get much better than that IMHO. My wife carries a M 85 Ultra-Lite .38 spl. and I have the M 65 Service revolver in .357 magnum. I also have a S&W M 60 .357, all three of these guns are equal in their performance regardless of manufacturer, and the M 65 is one of the strongest, tightest, most accurate and well balanced service revolvers I've had the pleasure of shooting. I've never owned or fired a Taurus auto so I can't comment on one, however, I've never owned a Taurus revolver that I would not recommend or not trust my life to.
    Enjoy your Taurus. I am sure the revolvers may be better then the auto's. However, this is what my wife has in her purse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeorific View Post
    I own 20+ Taurus handguns. About 1/2 auto and 1/2 revolver. The autos swill outshoot every Beretta I own. The revolvers will outshoot every Ruger I own and all of the S&W's except for the performance center ones. My son has a Taurus 1911 that I gave a good workout to. Shooting without sandbags, 25 yards was a ragged hole. 50 yards opened up to 1 inch groups. At 200 yards, I was holding an 8 inch pattern. I would stake my life and reputation on a Taurus any day of the week. They have never been very particular about ammo put through them either.
    One inch groups with a Taurus 1911 at 50 yards? I am going to run right out and buy the Taurus 1911. I was looking at the Les Baer custom 1911 @ $2,000. It will only do 1.5" @ 50 yards. Think of all the money I will save.
    Les Baer 1911 Custom Pistols at Impact Guns Home

I have a Taurus titanium 5-shot .38+P. Extremely nice gun with one of the smoothest double-action triggers I have ever encountered.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast