First time carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: First time carry

  1. #11
    wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chroode View Post
    Why don't you guys read the open carry posts. When you open carry nobody notices or cares. SO STOP WORRYING. You'll get use to it.
    OC in AZ or NV may not be noticed, but OC in FL is a good way to keep several LEOs busy, and you won't have to worry about how to legally carry anymore.

  2.   
  3. I got my permit last week. I put my Sig P232 in one pocket (full mag + 1 in chamber) and the spare mag in the other. After the first few minutes the first time, you forget about it as you carry on with daily life. all I need to do now is get a pocket holster as this best suits me. Just do it and it will be as natural as underwear.

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by chroode View Post
    Why don't you guys read the open carry posts. When you open carry nobody notices or cares. SO STOP WORRYING. You'll get use to it.
    Thanks for the advice but I'll kindly pass. First off I would rather not be antagonized and risk being arrested by Tacoma's finest. Second I would rather not give up the element of surprise.

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardS View Post
    Thanks for the advice but I'll kindly pass. First off I would rather not be antagonized and risk being arrested by Tacoma's finest. Second I would rather not give up the element of surprise.
    What i meant was that the original, and some of the other posters, were so worried about carrying concealed that they were losing sleep over being "discovered". The chances of them being detected are low and even if they are "made" that nobody would even say anything (as evidenced by people who legally open carry).

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cedar Hill, TN
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by chroode View Post
    What i meant was that the original, and some of the other posters, were so worried about carrying concealed that they were losing sleep over being "discovered". The chances of them being detected are low and even if they are "made" that nobody would even say anything (as evidenced by people who legally open carry).
    Agreed, I am in TN we can OC or CC. I chose to partial CC - because I do not want to draw attention, and it is no ones business that I carry - I wear mine with an OWB belt holster.. my daily carry is a SW M&P40 - not easy to conceal, but I wear a long shirt - or jacket - I do not worry if my jacket falls open and reveals, it is a natural and normal "accessory" for me now. I get up in the morning, put on my rings, ear rings, watch other jewelry items, and my GUN... I do not leave home without it.... As you begin to "wear" it more often, it will become 2nd nature - and you will not worry about it...
    don't sweat the small stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast