Damaged Taurus 24/7 Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damaged Taurus 24/7 Pro

Unhappy Damaged Taurus 24/7 Pro

Hi all.

Hope this isn't normal -- I have a brand new Taurus 24/7 Pro DS in .40 S&W. Been less than 30 days since I purchased it.

My girl friend and I went to the range and put 60 rounds through it today. I put 10 Hornady self-defence rounds through it just to see the difference in feel between them and the Winchester white box FMJ rounds. We put 50 rounds of the Winchester stuff through it.

The Hornady rounds are FMJ hollow points with the nickle coated cases. They are not marked as being + or +P.

Took the gun home and discovered the damage seen in the below photos.

I hope this isn't normal!

The gun is going back to where I bought it tomorrow first thing!

David

Photos

wolfhunter Guest
    THAT is not normal. Take it back to your dealer, but understand that your warranty is through Taurus, not the dealer, so the store may tell you to contact Taurus to have the gun shipped back to them.

4. 24 /7 More like 24 days a month / 7 months a year.

Hi,

I have a question, that some might think as stupid... did you inspect this part of the gun before you fired it?

I have a 24/7 and some slag fell out of it when cleaning for the first time. It might be your missing chunk?

I am sending mine to be repaired for failure to fire, even when striked multiple times, take the cartridge out, turn around put it back it and BANG. This happens with all ammo.

Taurus is a good company and will make it good. it may just need a couple of trips back home.

Quote Originally Posted by hellophoneman View Post
    Hi,

I have a question, that some might think as stupid... did you inspect this part of the gun before you fired it?

I have a 24/7 and some slag fell out of it when cleaning for the first time. It might be your missing chunk?
    I am sending mine to be repaired for failure to fire, even when striked multiple times, take the cartridge out, turn around put it back it and BANG. This happens with all ammo.

Taurus is a good company and will make it good. it may just need a couple of trips back home.

This is kind of scary! It reinforces my belief that Taurus makes excellent revolvers but not so great semi-autos.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by hellophoneman View Post
    Hi,

I found it to be a bit dirty when I bought it so I gave it a thorough cleaning.

It was definately NOT damaged.

David

7. Well that is to bad, I really like the feel of mine. I just need to send it in too.
    It is really frustrating I know.
    Hope you have a back-up while in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    This is kind of scary! It reinforces my belief that Taurus makes excellent revolvers but not so great semi-autos.
    gf
    I've seen some really crappy Taurus pistols in the past but the LE series pistols and revolvers seemed to be good quality pieces. I guess that might be why they have a lifetime warranty now....

I have 2 Taurus PT145's, one for me, one for the wife. Mine has never missed a beat. I sent hers back for FTF. It took about 3-4 weeks for turn around. Now hers shoots like mine always has.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mikeintexas View Post
    I have 2 Taurus PT145's, one for me, one for the wife. Mine has never missed a beat. I sent hers back for FTF. It took about 3-4 weeks for turn around. Now hers shoots like mine always has.
    No issues with our 2 yet, a PT140 and a 24/7 pro in 40. about 1000 rounds through each with no issues.

maybe its a DS issue?

They do chip a little in this spot. Go over to Taurusarmed.net and look around. Taurus said the part is not stressed and not to worry. Me? I didn't like this answer and ended up selling my 24/7 Pro because of this and a few other reasons. To be fair, it was a good gun and I put about 750 rounds of all kinds of ammo through it and it all went bang and hit where I was aiming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast