Smart Carry and Lightning Wear?????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smart Carry and Lightning Wear?????

Smart Carry and Lightning Wear?????

What is the opinion of the Smart Carry and Lightning Wear CC holsters - comfort, concealability, durability. All opinions and experience appreciated.

They do conceal the pistol pretty well. They are a little awkward to access rapidly and I find that mine is uncomfortable when sitting unless I move it around some. Some people seem to really love them though. It also takes a bit of getting used to having a gun pointed in that region.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

My opinion is that open carry is far more comfortable.

I assume by "Lightning Wear", you actually mean "ThunderWear". SmartCarry and ThunderWear are similar. There are some (like me) who want their firearms close to their body, but not necessarily attached directly to clothes (such as pants). Although I don't own either brand, I do adhere to their premise of keeping close control of the gun and deep conceal-ability. I don't need to remove the holster or place my gun elsewhere when visiting the restroom. My gun simply stays on me...

I wear a Velcro-based elastic belly band (ActionDirect) and am very pleased to have my gun hugging me closely--comfortably worn all day, every day. It makes it relatively easy for me to wear under most kinds of clothes.

- Ceicei

Smart Carry and Lightning Wear???

Ceicei,

Thanks for the reply. No, I actually mean Lightning Wear, not Thunderwear, a different brandname. This product is offered on ebay.

I have been using the smart carry holster for a little over a year now. it is more comfortable than all of the iwb holsters I used in the past. sometimes I forget I am wearing a gun. I would say that is comfort. it took a few days to get used to it. but I would highly recommend it to anyone.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oilwick1 View Post
    Ceicei,

Thanks for the reply. No, I actually mean Lightning Wear, not Thunderwear, a different brandname. This product is offered on ebay.
    ?? not found on e-bay or on google.
    I'd go with smartcarry. Had mine 2 years, great for deep cover carry.Also has a sweat proof back panel that will protect your gun and a 60 trial period to try one out.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    (George Washington)

http://www.helprebekah.com./

6 year customer of smart carry. I use it 99% of time i'm concealed. I've found no better. It's not for everyone. But comfort is very good, access for a deep type of device is exceptable. Try it, you might like it.
    As far as smart carry verus the ebay type. I'd stick with the higher quality smart carry.
    Rule #1 of CCW: Don't get made.

Most people that carry end up with a drawer full of holsters of various types. I only have two - at the moment. A DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for my NAA 380, a DeSantis pocket holster for my Taurus PT-145 and my Sig Sauer P239/357sig (I'm counting these 2 as one as they are both pocket holsters.) and a Smart Carry. That conceals the PT-145 and P239 very comfortably. How you dress, or how you must dress will often dictate what you need. In Florida, I wear cargo shorts a lot. The Taurus and Sig carry nicely in large inside pockets. A second mag is carried in one of the pockets on the off-hand side. If you are going to pocket carry, the trick is to take the gun and pocket holster with you into the fitting room to make sure the pocket slit is wide enough to draw the qun out easily.

Oh, I almost forgot. I've been using a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipak as my daily tote for almost 2 years. My beat up old SS thermos in the place where the water bottle is supposed to reside makes it look totaly harmless. When I am going somewhere guns are allowed and taking it along, it houses my Sig P220 Compact or any of the other 3 firearms.
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

wolfhunter Guest
    I used a Thunderwear holster until I got the Supertuck. The Thunderwear/SmartCarry holsters are pretty comfortable, but the Supertuck keeps the weapon a bit more accessible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast