.380 which one?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .380 which one?

.380 which one?

I am currently thinking of a smaller caliber hand gun leaning towards a .380 so was wonder what everone thinks?

thinking bersa thunder vs ruger lcp but also heard khar has a decent one aswell so i am open to all suggestions, preference is something with 7 shots and small enough for ankle/or pocket.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

stopped on the way home to check out some guns.

the bersa is larger than i am looking for looked at the kelteck and ruger lcp
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

not sure on the kaltec but the ruger is nice but has a long trigger to ... other than that it nice & super compact

Kel-Tec P-3AT or Ruger LCP. I have one of each and they are both great guns (nearly identical, the LCP is actually designed the same as the version 1 P-3AT versus the version 2 3AT available now. Check out the extractor and the top of the slide shape on the two to see the difference).

If you want small the Ruger or perhaps the Desert Eagle micro.
    Tactical-Life.com MAGNUM RESEARCH’s Micro Desert Eagle
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

i noticed no safety device for the ruger or keltech. is there any possible because i currently carry my 45 locked and loaded and would prefer to carry the .380 the same way?

does the micro eagle have a safety?

I haven't tried one out yet, but the Sig P238 looks like a pretty nice sub compact .380. And its a Sig. That makes it alright in my book.

Semper Fi

I have the Ruger LCP and love it just wish the 380 ammo was not so hard to get

i have had my bersa thunder380 for about 8 or 9 years and it has had literally 1000's of rounds through it with absolutely no failures of any kind with all kinds of ammo. if you can make it work for you i would highly recommend it.

Thumbs up One more for the Ruger!

The Ruger LCP lacks a separate safety. I also like the idea of a safety, but the long, heavy trigger pull works okay for me, especially in a form fitted Kydex holster (Yay, Crossbreed!). I almost bought a Sccy because of the safety (plus 9mm!), but when I held the darn thing, it felt cheap. Kind of like, while all of your friends are getting the Hasbro G.I. Joe figure with the Kung Fu grip, your Mom buys you the "Action Man" down at the dollar store.

No, Mom, it is definitely NOT the same thing.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast