Carry pistol
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry pistol

Carry pistol

Hi all, My carry pistol is a springfield armory xd 9mm sub compact. I like it because it has great safety features,and is reliable. It has jammed only once when I just bought it. It never has again. I like to use speer gold dot ammo 124 grain +p. Iam new to this site and this is my 1st post. Iam a refugee from the former packing .org web site.

Good gun.What kind of leather do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Good gun.What kind of leather do you use?
    I carry in a fanny pack most of the time, due to the fact that we have hot weather here most of the year. However on the few days that we have cool weather I use a fobis roto holster cross draw.

echo_5 Guest

draw times w/ fanny pack ?

The XD is a nice piece. Just wondering, what kind of draw times do you get from a fanny pack? do you practice regularly? I keep a P99QA .40 in a kydex IWB rig from FIST-inc. Draw to hit hovers near 2 secs. It's the price paid for IWB carry but concealment is priority no. 1 for me.

Drive fast and shoot straight

Quote Originally Posted by echo_5 View Post
    The XD is a nice piece. Just wondering, what kind of draw times do you get from a fanny pack? do you practice regularly? I keep a P99QA .40 in a kydex IWB rig from FIST-inc. Draw to hit hovers near 2 secs. It's the price paid for IWB carry but concealment is priority no. 1 for me.

Drive fast and shoot straight
    Yes I do practice drawing it. 3 seconds for me.Nice pistol the p99.

I have an XD40 service. My wife just got an Xd9 subcompact. We haven't shot hers yet, but i am very fond of mine. i think you made a good choice. Welcome to the site!
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Quote Originally Posted by kc4yrr View Post
    Yes I do practice drawing it. 3 seconds for me.Nice pistol the p99.
    Three seconds is twice the "suggested" time of 1 1/2 seconds. If you are new, the 1 1/2 seconds is based on the time a bad guy can cover 21 feet, which in turn is the closest you should let a guy with a club or knife get to you.

This is called "Tueller "rule" based upon studies done by Dennis Tueller a Salt Lake City trainer. It's worth googling to learn more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    Three seconds is twice the "suggested" time of 1 1/2 seconds. If you are new, the 1 1/2 seconds is based on the time a bad guy can cover 21 feet, which in turn is the closest you should let a guy with a club or knife get to you.

This is called "Tueller "rule" based upon studies done by Dennis Tueller a Salt Lake City trainer. It's worth googling to learn more about it.
    There was a nice article about that very fact in the latest USCCA rag. I found that fanny packs and IWB were a bit cumbersome for me. I use an FBI cant leather, a cross draw, and rarely, an SOB. I am most comfortable with the FBI cant, so I use it mostly.
    Last edited by lukem; 11-28-2010 at 09:24 PM.
    Paddle Faster! I hear banjo music!

10. On Duty I carry the DAO "bottomfeeder" they issue me.

Off Duty I carry what I want to, ussually a pair of D.A. Revolvers. I can be found carrying an N-Frame 4" Smith & Wesson most days with a J-Frame BUG. After the New Year I will start carrying my GP100 and the J-Frame. I like D.A.O. Revolvers for self defensive purposes, I guess I'm dating myself a bit.

The scariest sound in a gunfight is CLICK. With the D.A. Revolver all you do is manipulate the trigger again and you should hear BOOM. Boom is a good sound, I like BOOM. :D

If the CLICK occurs with a "bottomfeeder" you will be dead shot before you can complete the "Tap Rack Bang" drill if your opponent knows how to manipulate his trigger. Most twelve year olds know how to manipulate their trigger, I've been doing it since I was five.

Biker

11. When wheel guns lock up they become hammers. The ones I have had stop shooting were issue guns that were not maintained right and ammo issues.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast