Long Guns of Choice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Guns of Choice

echo_5 Guest

Thumbs up Long Guns of Choice

Being a former Marine, I prefer an AR type "black rifle". In keeping with my minimalist approach to weapons accessories are kept to a minimum. Only an EOTech on a dominator mount, verticle foregrip, ambi safety select, and skeleton stock with a single pooint sling 'cuz colapsibles are illegal in CT. From CQ out to 200 its wicked fast into action.

-Drive fast and shoot straight

3. If I could only have one!

I would have to go with the AK 47. It is not as pretty as the AR 15, but the ugly AK will work when all other has jammed and shut down. If could not get my hands on the AK, a shotgun of any size or shape will do quite well:D.

Got a nifty little JC Higgins 12-ga pump. Old as the hills but it's been going "Bang-slickety-Bang" without a hiccup since I was 12. It was well-used then, and that's a long time ago!

For more modern (and more distant) applications I'd like to have a Bushmaster. Or an M14 -or- Garand.

Hey...as long as I'm dreamin'!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

If I only had one Of my own it would be rem 7400 in 3006 with 20 round mags. All listed above are good and ak is high on the list.

6. Definitely an AR-15. They are dead accurate and if you get one from a quality mnufacturer, and if you know how to take care of it you won't have any problems. I wouldn't mind having an AK, but I wouldn't give up one of my AR's for one.
    Reputation is what people think you are. Character is who you really are.
    Take care of your character and your reputation will take care of itself.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Also known as "Hunter" on www.utahconcealedcarry.com

An AR type carbine.. chambered in 7.62 / .308 Win, or 6.8 SPC

Definitely my AR's! You just can't beat an AR, you can put just about anything on it. For a little longer range and knock down power I just use my AR with a 223 X 6mm (6X45) barrel. I load mine with 100gn Speer FMJBT. It will do the job.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

9. CMMG M4 Carbine in .223 or, for a bit more short range "oomph", my Ruger Mini-30 in 7.62.
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

For the sake of practicality, ease of use, reliability, and cost, nothing beats a Mossberg Persuader 12 gauge pump.

If I could only have one

I would just have to go with a medium caliber rifle. Probably the Remington 700 series in 30-06 with a decent scope rigged out. Because, HEY, sometimes you just might need to reach waaay out and touch something, my handguns would have to handle the close-in security.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast