The Desert Eagle Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Desert Eagle Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Can it be carried cocked and locked like a 1911?

Yes and No... it can however the hammer is in the cocked and the safety will be in the fire position. SO unlike the 1911 you cannot lock it in the cocked position. If you return the safety to the safe position it will also return it to double action on the first shot.

I don't know if you've ever had the opportunity to fire a triple or fast action semi-automatic but that is the best of all worlds when it comes to cocking mechanisms. Here is why_

1. Cock the hammer
    2. Push the hammer back to the seated position, a light touch is all you need.
    3. Even though the hammer is in the seated /closed position it is still cocked, even though it looks like it is not.

When ready to fire:

1. Very lightly pull on the trigger and the hammer will fall back quickly to a displayed cocked position (even though it is already cocked the hammer will fall back with a light tap on the trigger to let you know it is still cocked).

2. Follow through with a complete trigger pull to fire the weapon or simply push the hammer back to the seated but cocked position.

I love the fast or triple action feature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daewoo_DP51
    The Daewoo DP51 is a 9 mm semi-automatic pistol produced by Daewoo Precision Industries of South Korea. It is a compact, lightweight pistol with an unconventional trigger mechanism called "fast action". The frame is composed of an aluminum alloy with a matte finish, while the slide is of blued steel.
    The "fast action" trigger mechanism allows a cocked hammer to be pushed to its down position while still keeping the mainspring compressed. A light pull on the trigger causes the hammer to flick back, after which the pistol would behave in conventional single-action (SA) mode.

The pistol can also be fired in conventional single- and double-action (DA) modes.

The "fast action" mode allows the trigger travel of DA mode and the trigger weight of SA mode. This allows a more accurate first shot due to the lighter weight of the trigger. It is also safer due to the longer trigger travel required to fire the pistol.

The factory magazines are 13-rounders. Smith & Wesson 59-series magazines purportedly are compatible with the DP51.
    The pistol also has ambidextrous safeties and 3-dot sights.

It is also equipped with a firing pin block; the firing pin is blocked from moving forward unless the trigger is in its rearmost position.

The Daewoo K5 9mm was developed in 1990. It is recoil operated and uses a conventional Browning-type locking system. It is mostly carried by Commissioned Officers in the Republic of Korea Army, and is standard service sidearm for ROK Police.
    Last edited by doublenutz; 12-13-2007 at 02:37 AM.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Awesome.It sounds like you got yourself a winner.From what you posted of your range results,it sounds very accurate and a smooth operation.I hope it gives you many years of trustworthy service.I like the looks of the gun.It has a different,but bad a$$ look to it.Thanks for the range report.

Quote Originally Posted by JC40 View Post
    Awesome.It sounds like you got yourself a winner.From what you posted of your range results,it sounds very accurate and a smooth operation.I hope it gives you many years of trustworthy service.I like the looks of the gun.It has a different,but bad a$$ look to it.Thanks for the range report.

Thanks, the pleasure was all mine.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FYI - Jericho

Description of the Jericho 941...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_941

Follow the link to Magnum Research, interesting history on the company, Jericho and Eagle products.
    Last edited by ecocks; 12-13-2007 at 01:42 AM.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Cool Now that is a real surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    Description of the Jericho 941...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_941

Follow the link to Magnum Research, interesting history on the company, Jericho and Eagle products.
    WOW! I had NO IDEA the design was based on the CZ-75! What a shear coincidence as I mentioned in my range report above the only gun I enjoyed firing more was my buddies,,, CZ-75 (Butta)!

I 've learned something today. Thanks for that Wikipedia info.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What is the availability of carrying accessories? I tend to like guns that are in relatively low demand. Therefore, nice holsters and magazine holders are ALSO in low demand.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Accessories

Basically, anything for the CZ-75 or CZ-40 should fit it.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    What is the availability of carrying accessories? I tend to like guns that are in relatively low demand. Therefore, nice holsters and magazine holders are ALSO in low demand.
    Holsters, for the most part, are 'SUPPOSED' to be a custom accessory. However, I did a little research of my own and found that holsters that will fit the Glock 17 pretty much have the same trigger guard and can accomodate the guns overall design. I have been using a Bianchi and a Roys Leather interchangablely for the Glock 17 and both fit very well.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Interesting. FWIW, I find that holsters (leather ones, anyway) designed for the Glocks are a near-perfect fit for a 1911. For example, the Galco Concealable for my Glock 27 fits my Kimber CDP-II Ultra [3"] nearly perfectly...a smidgeon looser, but that's not a bad thing.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

echo_5 Guest
    i do like the Tangfolio-inspired handguns (CZ, Armalite, Magnum Research, etc. ...). However, I prefer the frame-mounted safety as opposed to slide mounted variant for two reasons; the frame-mounted safeties enable cocked and locked carry and secondly, but most importantly, a frame mounted safety is intuitive to disengage. I carried a Beretta for years as a Marine and HATED the slide mounted safety. I would carry with the safety off because it was quicker into action. -my $.02

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast