The Desert Eagle Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Desert Eagle Thread

Reverse that.

The Tangfolio is actually a clone of the CZ, not the other way around.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

3. OK my ? was a 44mag DE with scope for 950? Pretty gun is it worth adding to my safe?

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    OK my ? was a 44mag DE with scope for 950? Pretty gun is it worth adding to my safe?
    More like a- 'PRETTY BIG GUN'
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. I'm convinced! It's time to add one of these to the safe.

How difficult are the compact 9mm polymer models to find? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Al
    PA LTCF Permit
    Beretta Tomcat
    Bond Arms Snake Slayer
    Glock 27, 30, 31, 33
    Jennings
    Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Kimber Custom CDP II
    North American Arms
    Ruger Security Six
    Ruger Govt. Blue
    Ruger Govt. Stainless
    Springfield XD
    Wilson Protector

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jailkeeper View Post
    I'm convinced! It's time to add one of these to the safe.

How difficult are the compact 9mm polymer models to find? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Al

AFAIK and unless something has changed very recently, The "compact version" of the Baby Eagle only comes in .40 and not in 9mm. The .40 compact is the smallest of all the Baby Eagles. The 9mm Baby Eagle does come in a 4" barrel semi-compact while the .40 compact Baby Eagle can be had in a 3.5" barrel. :professor:
    Last edited by doublenutz; 03-29-2008 at 04:10 AM.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

glad to see other desert eagle lovers here. it's been one of my favorite guns for quite a while. I just ordered a full size .40 in brushed chrome about 2 weeks ago. going to take a bit longer to get it though because of the finish... but I am willing to wait!! the first pistol I ever bought was a .40 baby eagle semi-compact in black. I sold it after a year or so though because the finish was already starting to wer off on the slide... which is why I ordered one in brushed chrome this time.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doublenutz View Post
    AFAIK and unless something has changed very recently, The "compact version" of the Baby Eagle only comes in .40 and not in 9mm. The .40 compact is the smallest of all the Baby Eagles. The 9mm Baby Eagle does come in a 4" barrel semi-compact while the .40 compact Baby Eagle can be had in a 3.5" barrel. :professor:

I have to correct myself on this one, I checked in at Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday to see if a 9mm version of the the compact is available and the answer is "YES" and it is in polmer too, at a seriously startling low price of $360.00!!!! And that was not a SALE price.

My problem with it is- the new look and feel. My all steel compact Baby Eagle .40 is much smaller. It is also my daily concealed carry. The new compact polymers have 3.5 inch barrels but the overall size of the pistol seems very bulky with the fat pistol grip and newl wider finish around the hammer. It was not really my cup of tea when compared to my all steel Jericho.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I just ordered a full size .40 in brushed chrome about 2 weeks ago. going to take a bit longer to get it though because of the finish... but I am willing to wait!!
    I have been strongly considering powder coating my slide assy in a dark titanium finish. I have seen Desert Eagles in so many types of wild finishes- from camoflage to tiger stripes. I am not looking for anything quite that radical but I think a dark titanium would be really nice. I beleive I can send the slide back to Magnum Research to do the finish but I have a friend that does do professional powder coating and I was wondering if anybody could think if there would be any problems if I allowed him to do it for me.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hey, D-Nutz! Where ya been? Missed ya...

In my opinion having him do the slide presents no problem, legally. No serial number? Not a gun.

OTOH, unless he knows what he's doing, you take a chance on him f'ing up the fit of the slide to the frame...powdercoating has mass and will alter the dimensions of the rails, etc., and probably render the slide useless.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast