The Desert Eagle Thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72

Thread: The Desert Eagle Thread

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    21
    I am a Proud New Owner of a baby eagle .45

  2.   
  3. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NE Portland, Oregon - PacNW
    Posts
    328

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by ji long View Post
    I am a Proud New Owner of a baby eagle .45

    This will be perhaps among the best handguns you will ever own. My compact baby .40 is my daily carry and I refuse to leave home without it,,, heck I carry like a baby in my home too
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  4. I also have a semi-compact .45 Baby Eagle. I really like it, but I've had a few feed issues with certain types of ammo.

  5. I have them both and they are sweet. my taurus millenium is 9mm and my baby is 40 cal

  6. New guy on the board but have been searching for a while. I have a new baby eagle .45 that has the tactical rails and different sights. I am looking for night sights for it that have the same as factory novak/non-snagging sights. Does anyone know if anyone makes these. I can only seem to find the ones that are like the old style block ones. Anyone got any ideas?? I also LOVE my gun. Its the semi-compact with the 3.93" barrel. I did do some research and found that people polish the feed ramp of the barrel to assist with loading for those of you having chambering issues with certain ammo. I polished mine with 600 grit sand paper then polished it to an even shine before I even shot it and have yet to have any chambering issue with ANY ammo I have ran through it. I have about 4-500 rounds through it currently. Just a tip thats all. Let me know what your night sight opinions are. Thanks in advance.

    On edit: Mine does throw brass everywhere in a 180* range from the barrel to the sights at a random throw and will launch them a solid 20 yards. Heard this was designed into the gun being a military gun as to not leave brass into a nice little pile. Pain to pick up brass. So I built a brass catcher that slides on to my tactical rails while range or open shooting. Makes hunting for brass easy!!!! For the people who have alot of rounds through theirs do they seem to break in and become more organized or do they still continue to scatter all over the place??

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    21
    just dropped my baby eagle .45 off to be refinished in brushed chrome the factory black scratched way too easy. unfortunately they said it will be about 8-10 weeks since my baby was my daily ccw i am breaking out the walther p99 which is a great gun as well but i like the weight of the eagle.

  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by ji long View Post
    just dropped my baby eagle .45 off to be refinished in brushed chrome the factory black scratched way too easy. unfortunately they said it will be about 8-10 weeks since my baby was my daily ccw i am breaking out the walther p99 which is a great gun as well but i like the weight of the eagle.
    my first pistol was a .40 baby eagle in black.. I agree about the finish.. I sold that one (it was a semi compact and I wanted a full size). last year I bought the full size .40 in brushed chrome.. LOVE IT!!! it's so comfortable and shoots like a dream.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

  9. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    21
    i had a hard time leaving it but nc summers get hot and i sweat alot so i wanted to go ahead and get it done before it gets really hot. Also based on what you and some others on different forums have said the brushed chrome is worth it. I'll post some pics when i get it back.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EPDP99 View Post
    New guy on the board but have been searching for a while. I have a new baby eagle .45 that has the tactical rails and different sights. I am looking for night sights for it that have the same as factory novak/non-snagging sights. Does anyone know if anyone makes these. I can only seem to find the ones that are like the old style block ones. Anyone got any ideas?? I also LOVE my gun. Its the semi-compact with the 3.93" barrel. I did do some research and found that people polish the feed ramp of the barrel to assist with loading for those of you having chambering issues with certain ammo. I polished mine with 600 grit sand paper then polished it to an even shine before I even shot it and have yet to have any chambering issue with ANY ammo I have ran through it. I have about 4-500 rounds through it currently. Just a tip thats all. Let me know what your night sight opinions are. Thanks in advance.

    On edit: Mine does throw brass everywhere in a 180* range from the barrel to the sights at a random throw and will launch them a solid 20 yards. Heard this was designed into the gun being a military gun as to not leave brass into a nice little pile. Pain to pick up brass. So I built a brass catcher that slides on to my tactical rails while range or open shooting. Makes hunting for brass easy!!!! For the people who have alot of rounds through theirs do they seem to break in and become more organized or do they still continue to scatter all over the place??
    bump

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NE Portland, Oregon - PacNW
    Posts
    328
    They were doing it in the 70's... the BUMP!
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast