Best all around Handgun - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Best all around Handgun

Exclamation Any HK USP

HK's USP series is a great design. I'll take a 45 full size please. Accurate, reliable, fast, and lightweight.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Why are we only limited to one? There's just too many to choose from. I picked up a Mark 23 back before they were going for almost $2000. It's as durable as one can ask, accurate, and a tried and true caliber. It's not unbearably heavy, but it is noticeably heavier than the USP I own (great gun as well) and I think a little over an inch longer. So it loses points in concealment factor, it makes up for it with all its other features.
    Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam

Quote Originally Posted by blhjr View Post
    Would have to say my two Taurus 24/7 Pros, 9mm & 45acp.With well over 7000 rounds in both,I have yet to have any problems with either one.
    I would have to agree. I had not really considered the Taurus. But, I really liked the feel of the 24/7 ProC 45 in the hand. (Better than the Glock & everybit as good as the XDM)

Because my wife wanted/needed a little more than the Bersa 380acp (Another GREAT handgun!), I really liked the price of the 24/7 Pro Compacts.

But, it was when I took them to the range and found out they were as accurate and reliable as my XDM; and also experiencing how comfortable they are for all day carry that the 24/7 ProC became my "Top" pick as a all around GREAT handgun.

If I could only have one pistol (I currently have 4) it would have to be my HK P2000 SK 9mm. Very accurate and very concealable. Terrific pistol.

I like my 357 Magnums. The size for concealed carry, the reliability and easier upkeep of a revolver and the versatility of 38, 38 +P and 357 loads are my reasons.

Glock 23 is a tie for first, given the simplicity of design, durability, reliability, safety, size, weight, ergonomics and the high capacity.
    www.holstershock.com

Tell 'em CDR Glock sent ya!

Clearly, there is a separation between the ‘very best’ gun for me, and the notorious ‘dream gun’ I wish I could have. Anyway, since I do carry most of the time I’m restricted to what fits, hides and shoots well enough to be my preferred choice. Drum roll please… S&W 640 customized with real sights, tuned, hard chromed, melded and moon clipped. In fact, mine is still a work-in-progress but you get the idea.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Glock in whatever caliber suits you, go's bang every time without haveing to run 2 or 3 hundred rounds thru it

I have a lot of guns, but the best for me by far is my GP100, stainless 4". People say their Glocks are the most dependable, I beg to differ.

10. I like the GP100 and carry 38+P+ hollow points. Simple, no malfunctions and just pull the trigger.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by Old Zebra View Post
    For me it's a 5" Nighthawk GRP Recon with a Streamlight TLR-2 mounted on the gun's rail. This .45 ACP 1911 is utterly reliable, amazingly accurate, and with the combo light/laser on the rail, I have all I want and need in a home defense weapon.
    I own the same gun. Night Hawk is without a doubt at the top of the 1911 game, but they do not come without a high price tag, as with any reliable semi custom 1911. I mounted the Insight M6 Laser/Light combo on my rail.

I own many H&K USP varients and they are consitently reliable. I can't ever remember any failures out of any of my H&K pistols.

A reliable 1911 is still my favorite handgun. Caveat emptor, getting one 100% reliable may take some work, especially if your shooting more than just a couple hundred rounds a month and then saying "flawless"

In fact, there is a Springfield "MC" Operator sitting right in front of me on this desk.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast