Worst gun of all time - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst gun of all time

Mechester, you should turn in that pos Rohm the next time the do good-ers have a money for guns turn in program.
    I am sure you would let it go for a $ 100 Wal-Mart gift card!!!!

I don't know about "worst" but if you mean "least liked", mine was a SA 1911. I bought it used about 9 years ago. Here is a list of the problems and issues I had:

- Would not chamber the last round of either mag that came with it (not sure they were the factory mags though)
    - Rear sight slid out of the dovetail after 50 rounds - fixed with loc-tite
    - Sights were good but were totally black so I couldn't see them in the dark
    - 2-piece full-length guide rod kept coming apart
    - Had an interesting "double feed" issue - fixed that with Wilson mags
    - Was made in Brazil - not necessarily a "bad" thing but I bought it thinking it was American made
    - Extractor had the clocking issue
    - Slide was not milled properly (the radius on the top was assymetrical) - didn't affect the performance but was annoying to look at
    - Cocking serrations were so sharp they almost drew blood.
    - Was the old grip configuration (different front strap shape) and had a smooth front strap so I had trouble hanging on to it

Overall the gun wasn't so much "bad" as it was a disappointment. What really gets me is there was a brand new one right beside it in the case and I passed on it for this one to save a little money (less than $100.00).

Many of these could have been fixed by SA but I was never happy with it so I sold it at a loss. I called them but they said they would only honor the warranty for the original owner - guess I should have phrased the question differently but in the end the best thing for me and it was for us to part company.

I still want a 1911 but I think I'll go another way next time - perhaps a Kimber or Colt, though I don't by any means think SA makes a bad gun and I might try them again.

I also had a Ruger Single Six 22LR/22WMR that I did not like. It wasn't a bad gun either but my fingers are too fat to load it. The cases tended to stick in the chambers after firing but I fixed that with a bath in transmission fluid. It was stolen.

EDIT - the Single Six was stolen FROM me, not BY me :D

Quote Originally Posted by Safebustr View Post
    Mechester, you should turn in that pos Rohm the next time the do good-ers have a money for guns turn in program.
    I am sure you would let it go for a $ 100 Wal-Mart gift card!!!!
    That is an excellent idea. A "dangerous gun" out of circulation and the Brady Bunch paying for it!
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk."---Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez (aka "The Rat")From The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

About 11 years ago some outfit from Lord knows where started building 1911 platforms and putting the name Charles Daly on the slides. 400 bucks. What a deal! Wouldn't feed hardball. Took it to a very reputable 1911 guy. Throated it, new mainspring, flatspring, slidespring, WC thumb safety and slide release. Nice grips as well. The grip safety had to be pushed straight in to fire. If it went in even slightly left or right, no joy. My 400 dollar deal turned into a 650 dollar paperweight. Offloaded it for 500 bucks and bought a Springfield 1911. It's a Kimber world now, so far as 1911's go. A spendy lesson, but well learned.
    Say when.

Lorcin .380 my brother somehow acquired...

First time I shot it (it couldn't get through a single mag without jamming...no matter what) I took it away from him and gave him a spare Ruger P95DC I had around. The Lorcin is still being used...as a paperweight (with the pin removed just in case) and an example of what not to get.

7. I also dislike the sig mosquito. If I had the choice I would not purchase it under any circumstances. It's a very clumsy gun to handle,and you need heavy pressure to pull the trigger.

8. Kel-Tec 3AT. Ran about 32 rounds through it and the trigger spring broke (plastic piece) on round 33. Sent it back and it was returned. Traded it off...couldn't trust my like on something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Lorcin .380 my brother somehow acquired...

First time I shot it (it couldn't get through a single mag without jamming...no matter what) I took it away from him and gave him a spare Ruger P95DC I had around. The Lorcin is still being used...as a paperweight (with the pin removed just in case) and an example of what not to get.
    Are they even still in business?!?

The worst has to be a Jimenez ( model take your pick!)

I am not surprised to see the Lorcin and 1911 designs mentioned multiple times. I am surprised to see Sig, Glock and Beretta mentioned as they typically all make good firearms. I am also surprised that noone has mentioned the Browning High Power or any of High-Point's pistols.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast