Worst gun of all time - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst gun of all time

The only gun I've had a problem with is the AMT 380 Backup. I've never been able to fire a box without it jamming.

Quote Originally Posted by tnhawk View Post
    The only gun I've had a problem with is the AMT 380 Backup. I've never been able to fire a box without it jamming.
    And it doesn't have any sites of any worth, so you probably didn't hit anything consistantly. But on the other hand you can turn it sideways when you shoot to look gangsta.

4. My vote will go towards a Jennings model 48 it wasn't mine but a friend of mine who payed about 20 bucks for it(way too much) I never ever seen it shoot and the slide wont even lock back

5. Para ordnance 45, before it was broken in at least. Extremely frustrating to shoot. Would not consistently go into battery. Also, the trigger was gritty and stacked horribly. I haven't shot a worse 1911.
    Last edited by b.malloy; 07-12-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: wanted to add

Kel Tec 380 is the worse gun on the market!!!!

At the risk of being branded a heritic I'll say that my Kimber Tac Pro II was in that category. It eventually turned me off to the 1911 design and I haven't looked back...except for the times when I drool over the newest Wilson Combat edition. I'm not slamming Kimber here...mine was just awful.
    "Fighting is the central military act. . . . Engagements mean fighting. The object of fighting is the destruction or defeat of the enemy." Clausewitz

I though I had posted here before, but my worst experiance was th aformentioned SCCY, after this mag went thru it safety comes out, gun still shot ok but I woulnd't trust it now keep in mind we tryed two of these little ****boxes, second one safety fell off as the first, but it would not fire, gun shop was good about it traded for a Taurus 709, maybe 2000 rds later its still working

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo_79 View Post
    At the risk of being branded a heritic I'll say that my Kimber Tac Pro II was in that category. It eventually turned me off to the 1911 design and I haven't looked back...except for the times when I drool over the newest Wilson Combat edition. I'm not slamming Kimber here...mine was just awful.
    Don't feel bad for posting that a high dollar gun was a POS, same thing happened to me with a Kahr, mt Bud who runs two gun shops personaly reccamended it, he carrys one but mine was junk from the first rd, takedown pin would come out by itself, after our Sccy debacle, i said never again, from then on when ever we bought a new gun, no matter what the brand, it goes strait to the range and if possable 200-300 rds go thru it that day if it does no operate correctly it goes back and gets traded THAT DAY, and on you 1911 opinion, which you certainly have a right to, we just got a new Springfield 1911-A1 stainless mil spec, Saterday, we told the guy we were going strait to the range, he said go for it so 277 rds later we are really tickled with the gun, absolutly no problems, and accuracy is as good as our Sig 226

I had a Jennings nine and it was not bad for me - hit the target fairly well as I'm not as well practiced as I should be.

Worst is one I still have - Ruger Mark I. This is probably one of the first built and only paid $75 for it. It shoots fair groups although about 6" left at ten yards. Just gotta remember to hold it to the right. Problem it has is feeding mags because it's so old and worn. It won't feed more than two mags without jamming when it gets dirty. Used to stovepipe quite a bit but a new extractor pin fixed that. Some day I'll get whatever parts I need to make it better as .22 are fun to shoot.

Second worst is the Savage .22 rifle I have. It's a fun little rifle to shoot as long as I don't buy HP rounds - it won't feed them but shoots all day with round nose.

11. Beretta 21 Bobcat. My apologies if this is someone's favorite gun. If you have one that works, great! Keep on using it. But my experience was awful.

My Dad bought one for me when my department authorized us to carry backup pieces. It was new-in-the-box when he gave it to me, so I knew it would need a break-in period. Five-hundred rounds later, it was still not broken-in. I tried premium ammo from three different makers. No luck. Jams. Misfires. Frustration.

I gave it to my younger brother and told him to use it strictly as a tackle box gun...not a pistol to stake his life on. My Dad had no hard feelings over this; he was totally disgusted with the Bobcat's performance.

I'll admit that it's a great idea for a pistol. I especially like the tilt-up barrel. And, according to some owners, its problems can be rectified. But after a pistol fails to perform for me on (at least) fifty different occasions, no amount of modifying will restore my confidence. Neither will any premium ammunition.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast